Sheffield Star: Owls Eye Double Summer Swoop

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheffield-wednesday-owls-eye-double-summer-swoop-1-7149167

Sheffield Wednesday will look to complete the permanent signings of Lewis McGugan and Will Keane this summer, The Star can confirm.

Midfielder McGugan and striker Keane, on loan from Watford and Manchester United respectively until the end of the season, have blossomed since moving to the Championship club, hitting six goals between them in 2015. 

The duo have indicated they will assess their options at the end of the season. McGugan has been frozen out at Watford but Keane, aged 22, has two years left to run of his contract with Premier League giants United. It remains to be seen whether Keane still has a long-term future at Old Trafford. 

Neither McGugan nor Keane have ruled out returning to Hillsborough following the expiry of their deals.

New Owls owner Dejphon Chansiri is aiming to get the club back into the Premier League by 2017 to mark their 150th anniversary. Wednesday are currently in 10th position. 

Gray hopes to soon be shopping in a “different market†following the Thai businessman’s £37.5m takeover. He added: “If the chairman is talking about 2017, Lewis and Will are the type of players we need to get in to get the club to where they want to be.†

Stuart Gray, the Owls head coach, has told The Star: “Lewis [McGugan] and Will [Keane] are two quality players. They are two good team- players and are both excellent in possession. â€œLewis and Will are enjoying their football. The supporters can see the effort and commitment they are putting in.“If we can bring in players of that calibre, it can only be great for Sheffield Wednesday.â€

Wednesday are running a kids for a quid offer as they prepare to entertain Fulham on Saturday.

I'm still undecided about Keane to be honest. McGugan would be the best signing we've made in years.

This 100%

Mcgugan would be best signing in years, I'm unsure on Keane, could he really fire us to the premiership? Is he the 20 goal a season striker. Unless we bringing in another 20 goal striker then would be happy with him aswell.

Guest rubydubydoo

I'm waiting for " Bear poops in the woods" headline from the Star.

I've been watching Wednesday through thick and thin for years and I just cant wait for first game of next season.

New Pitch

New Scoreboard

New players

New hope.

After all we've been through its just fantastic.  

Guest goltheowl

McGugan deal already arranged , 3 year contract  in summer , think its quite likely regarding Keane too

Not sure about this but certainly hope so! 

McGugan is a must if we have any intention of fighting for the playoffs next season 

Edited by goltheowl

I'm waiting for " Bear poops in the woods" headline from the Star.

I've been watching Wednesday through thick and thin for years and I just cant wait for first game of next season.

New Pitch

New Scoreboard

New players

New hope.

After all we've been through its just fantastic.

Then a 0-3 home defeat at the hands of Preston. It's the Wednesday way