Moody Barrow

Guest TommyTank

FFP will not improve the English national team which is why we need to sort football out in this country.

A few things need to happen:

1. A salary cap for each division, enough for the top teams to compete in Europe, then if any teams get decent investment they have an upper limit. This would cut back on paying over the odds in wages for squad players. This would also mean clubs would have to managed correctly.

The wage cap in the Championship still needs to be relatively high so the transition to the Premier League will be smoother and the opposite taking into account parachute payments, same for League One and so on.

2. Premier League teams would then rely on their development teams or academys to fill up the squad, rather than buying in young foreigners.

3. Go back to having a limit on foreigners in a match day squad, that way young English players will get the first team experience at the bigger clubs.

I could sit down and put this together in the next 20 mins, obviously some clubs would need time to get in line with the new wage cap, over 2 seasons there is no reason for any club not to comply.

Instead of fines which alot of teams can afford, start issuing point deductions for bad management. This would then annoy the fanbase and owners will be reluctant to risk it.

Guest wilyfox

They're allowed some loans even after getting slapped wrists!!

I know, but with a 10k wage restriction and no loan fee.

Seen him play once for swansea , looked fairly decent think they rate him a fair bit , can't say I see the point in us bringing any loans in now unless it's got a permanent view in the summer

Wasn't we linked with signing him before he went to swansea ?

Has anyone actually seen him play before saying he's someone we should sign? He's made a few sub appearances so I've seen him maybe half a dozen times and he's done nothing that's impressed me at all. "Snatched" from the lower leagues of Swedish football, runs fast, that's about it.

Think our pre season starts now. As others have said no point bringing in players now unless we can get them full time. BUT if the rumour about forest signing Rhodes is true (and thats a big IF) then hopefully thats the market we should be operating in?

Now they're getting him we'll take Paterson on loan with a view to permanent in summer

Surely not, Freedman is doing well at Forest, and even he doesn't rate Patterson. I really hope we'll be looking at better than, one place above us, Forest's fourth choice winger

Edited by gurujuan

If the owner wanted to pay for loans at this point in the season that's up to him, its his cash.... even if fans think it may be a waste of money.

Some plus points would be:

Freshens up the squad

Competition for places

Might turn out good and may sign him for next season (if its possible to)

May get Maghoma out of the team

Might improve home form for the fans

If he's useless... loan ends - returns to parent club