Nothing to play for - Blood some youngsters

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

Uproar on here when we lose a game, people wanna see young uns play then moan about em when we get turned over.

If there were any worthwhile they'd be in

I'd have Stobbs placed on the bench tomorrow. By the end of the season he could end up starting games.

No one truly knows the talent of a player until they play regular senior football.

Stobbs could be another nobody or we could be stumbling onto a fantastic player for next season.

We can't go up or down. So let's just make it interesting. 

You'll get plenty of people saying "They're not ready yet", "Nowhere near first team quality" etc.

But the truth is a player can look not ready yet in a development game but then get put in the first team and grow into the position within a few games and start to look a top player.

So many players are labelled not good enough until they get a proper chance. Just look at Harry Kane this season..

United do this a lot and look at the success they've had with their academy.

Guest totemowl

Nice idea. How sweet!

Daft idea. For so many reasons.

I mean, remember MK Dons 4 Man U 1. Frickley 14 Owls U18 Invitation XI 1. What embarassments.

Do we really need to throw matches, throw the top half finish away, throw what we've achieved away.

No. When they're ready, if they're ready, when we're ready, give them a chance. But the rest of the season, potentially our best for 15 years, needs to be respected.

Edited by totemowl

Guest AbbeyOwl

I think it would be worthwhile maybe even send the loanees back appraise what we have actually got and if anyone besides the few we think are, is good enough. Maybe give game time to people out of the side, so we can actually sell them or release them to another club.

Personally want us to get the highest number of points possible and finish as high as possible.

Losers attitude experimenting with youngsters, if they are that good Gray will have them in the side.

Agree 100%

We need to finish this season with positive momentum and a winning mentality

Not sure how good some of the kids are but Stobbs & Betra didnt seem to be far away so id definatly if fit have them involved between & the end of the season.

Without blooding youngsters we will never no if there good enough, Same with Dawson/Wildsmith id def look to give who ever is thought of the best a game or 2 between now & end of the season.

Idea seems ok but what do you do with the first team, "Thanks for getting us in the top half lads but you might as well book your holidays now, we're going for a bottom 6 finish." What we need at home is some more wins and quite a few goals banging in to bring back confidence, not only in the team, but the crowd as well.

Every first team player should be playing for their Wednesday careers IMO, and this is the period they need to prove their worth.

If we've got a new Messi in our youth set up, then I think he'd have been playing by now!

Idea seems ok but what do you do with the first team, "Thanks for getting us in the top half lads but you might as well book your holidays now, we're going for a bottom 6 finish." What we need at home is some more wins and quite a few goals banging in to bring back confidence, not only in the team, but the crowd as well.

I think that's exactly what most of our players would love to hear....

In any case, just because you're sticking a few youngsters on the bench...it doesn't mean we're throwing the season away & not aiming for a top half finish.

Majority of players we bring on as subs do roger all anyway.

Like I said. Would rather Stobbs come on than Maghoma.

Fancy Everton playing that Rooney kid in the first team or Wednesday playing that Hirst kid from Barnsley as a teenager.

I honestly don't know what goes through some peoples minds at times.

Dally cinnamon didn't say don't play youngsters. He said don't experiment with them. And to play them if they're good enough. Mess, rooney and hirst are obviously not experiments they were good enough. Stings Betra etc will get their chance if they're good enough

I think it would be worthwhile maybe even send the loanees back appraise what we have actually got and if anyone besides the few we think are, is good enough. Maybe give game time to people out of the side, so we can actually sell them or release them to another club.

So you would send McGugan back. Makes a lot of sense that. Perfect.

Guest conisbrough

Info I was told in December from someone who should be in know.

Only Betra And Stobbs anywhere near at beginning of season. Betra out injured and Stobbs had injury hit year.

Was told Stacini, Duffy and one other 9can not remember name) of this years intake had most promise.

Also Preston and Hirst who are in next years intake are very promising. Further down age range you go more hopeful it gets.