Nothing to play for - Blood some youngsters

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

Threads like this one are so depressing to read on here. If we had next Messi on our books he would have made his first team debut as a 22 years old after he had loans in Conference, League Two and League One.

Can't believe that people that slate Steve May as not good enough want to see Betra up front, Jesus Christ, May is ten times the player Betra will ever be, some of you people really need to actually see a player play before forming your opinions, Stobbs on the other hand is a different matter, although the pitch will hinder him he has the ability to make an impact .

Guest Ellis Rimmer

Threads like this one are so depressing to read on here. If we had next Messi on our books he would have made his first team debut as a 22 years old after he had loans in Conference, League Two and League One.

But if you were manager you'd chuck a load of kids into the side who will do well to become pro/semi pro players in one of the top leagues in the world in the bizarre notion that one of these kids is a world beater despite the coaches and manager of SWFC not spotting them in the comparatively poor standard of the development league. 

Complete nonsense. As already mentioned in this thread, if we had the next Messi he'd be put in the first team.

Complete nonsense. As already mentioned in this thread, if we had the next Messi he'd be put in the first team.

We probably would, but only after a process like one I mentioned in my post above. There is no club as reluctant to give their homegrown players chance as we are.

But if you were manager you'd chuck a load of kids into the side who will do well to become pro/semi pro players in one of the top leagues in the world in the bizarre notion that one of these kids is a world beater despite the coaches and manager of SWFC not spotting them in the comparatively poor standard of the development league.

Nothing like that, but perhaps giving place on the bench to couple of these youngsters once there is nothing left to play for. Giving them some playing time when appropriate, then perhaps some more if they do well. Supposed to do wanders for players confidence and aid their development. Btw. It must be very hard signing players for our academy considering our record for bringing youngsters through.

what youngsters have we ruined by not playing them? ......who have we had who as gone on to better things ?.......over the years ive

seen this club bring many youngsters in the 1st team some made it some didnt but to play someone just coz he´s young is fecking

ridiculous .they have to warrant a place and i´m sure if any were good enough they´d get the chance.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

We probably would, but only after a process like one I mentioned in my post above. There is no club as reluctant to give their homegrown players chance as we are.

Nothing like that, but perhaps giving place on the bench to couple of these youngsters once there is nothing left to play for. Giving them some playing time when appropriate, then perhaps some more if they do well. Supposed to do wanders for players confidence and aid their development. Btw. It must be very hard signing players for our academy considering our record for bringing youngsters through.

Well you're right and the club know this, so if the club feels their good enough for a place on the bench they put them on there-This happens already-Palmer, Lavery, Spurr, Beevers, Wood etc etc.

I'd personally get Stobbs some game time as we need a winger

i´m sure that if stobbs was better than maguire/ maghoma/helan then gray would pick him , be a fecking stupid manager who didnt pick

his best players and whatever faults gray has stupidity doesnt seem to be one of them .

No he wouldn't - because staff would realise players like Lionel messi would be ready cos they're clearly world class.

You can't compare throwing a kid into the first team squad at wednesday in the same way.

Do you think barca just thought "aye give that Lionel a run out for half an hour - oooh look he's absolutely unbelievable who'd have thought it!"

They knew of course.

We would have to have a serious management problem for some championship level youngster to be kicking a ball about at middlewood road on a Saturday morning and no one noticing.

No he wouldn't - because staff would realise players like Lionel messi would be ready cos they're clearly world class.

You can't compare throwing a kid into the first team squad at wednesday in the same way.

Do you think barca just thought "aye give that Lionel a run out for half an hour - oooh look he's absolutely unbelievable who'd have thought it!"

They knew of course.

We would have to have a serious management problem for some championship level youngster to be kicking a ball about at middlewood road on a Saturday morning and no one noticing.

What I want to say is that process here is so tiresome, and there are so many ladders you need to climb before you get any kind of chance in our first team. I will get abused on here, but if someone with potential of Jack Stobbs came through at pigs he would have got much more first team chance then he was ever likely to get here.