THE PRESS CONFERENCE MATCHDAY THREAD

One shouldn't slate JBA because of his concerns for a family member.

The club was ill, very ill, some thought terminally so. Some family members happily swallowed the pills without question. JBA, like myself, always had concerns regarding the side effects of the drugs.

That doesn't mean the family members had any less respect for the Doctor than any of you out there.

At the moment, irrespective of the fact that the club appears to be off the danger list, there is still a long way to go in recovering full health. Those with a deep seated love of the club still need to be watchful no matter who the new Doctor may be.

So thanks to Milan and welcome DC and his family. Interesting that PA remains as CEO. 

BOLL###S Nev and no need for it today.Perhaps you'd have rather have gone to a funeral than have " the doctor" make a profit.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

There is concerns and sour grapes

You and JBA have always had it in for milan.... with thinly vailed attacks and insinuations.

He's done nothing more and nothing less than exactly what he has said he would do. 

I've always had concerns about MM, since day 1.

He hasn't got a great history with clubs subsequent to his tenure. i.e. what happens afterwards.

I don't deny that. I just wish he hadn't tried to sugar coat his intentions and motivation, that's what pissed me off...

League wise we are in a better position than we were.

Nothing spent on infrastructure etc though. So ground wise and pitch wise we are in a worse position than we were. Commercially weaker too?

Has MM's tenure been a success for us in the long term, time will tell.

Really chuffed with the new owners. Fingers crossed for a successful future.

He hasn't got a great history with clubs subsequent to his tenure. i.e. what happens afterwards.

I don't deny that. I just wish he hadn't tried to sugar coat his intentions and motivation, that's what pissed me off...

Nothing spent on infrastructure etc though. So ground wise and pitch wise we are in a worse position than we were. Commercially weaker too?

That post just shows you really have no idea what Milan has done.. Edited by EcclesallOwl

Guest _Ibbo_

He has clearly stated numerous times exactly what his intentions were. 

He hasn't sugar coated anything, he has always been clear about selling as soon as he took over..... 

Jesus Christ.

No wonder Milan needs a break!

Serious question JBA how are we weaker commercially ?.

Eh

Milan prepared the club to be sold

And did a terrific job IMO

Guest _Ibbo_

Couldn't you and nev just leave the sour grapes and bitchness alone for today.

Respect him for how we have progressed from near relegation from League One to Top 10 in the CCC and our highest position for YEARS..... 

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Yes very happy with the new owners. As I have said. I just gave my opinion.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

I understand your point and I accept it, though I don't agree. As I said, I have a different take on the same information. I do however, feel that you shouldn't have been negged for this post. There wasn't anything in it deserving of harsh criticism, just further debate.

We were on our knees scraping round to get a collection going trying to buy the club ourselves, nobody would touch as with a barge pole.

Did what he said! What was the alternative again??

He has put us in an unbelievable position

Get over yourself

Edited by Davidioso

c'mon JBA. You are bigger than that. Profit isn't a dirty word. I'm thankful for what MM achieved here, and we are all in a better place currently. Now that he's job is done here what he chooses to do in the future is up to him. Wish him well.

"Leak" is a dirty word.

I get why people would be frustrated with parts of Milan's tenure. 

Bar the promotion season it has been a bit slow, frustrating etc, but we are still in a better position than we were...and have just been taken over by one of the wealthiest families on the planet. 

I'll forgive the occasional bit of spin, the 1 month stop-gap loan players for where we are now and where we could be potentially in a few seasons. 

Edited by SiJ