Sergiu Bus

Not according to wiki:

Half a dozen fans commenting on the story have said 'better to sell him for 500k now than for 0 in the summer'.  Wiki can be wrong.  But so can fans, hence my 'apparantly'.  Maybe we'll find out when this is on our OS.

It seems they are in financial dire straits, with historical debts etc (sound a bit like we used to, actually!) and have now become a selling club to survive...a few of their fans seem to appreciate this and have taken it on the chin.  Much like we did when Brunt, Whelan, Bougherra, etc all got sold. 

you missed the... but...I'm really happy just disappointed that some people can't help but looking at the possible negatives

Is it that implausible that Sergio Bus is not a player known to Stuart Gray?  

He plays in the Romanian league. I don't know where our scouting network spans to, but I doubt he has first hand knowledge on all players across all leagues.

I heard last night that the new owners have their own contacts in the game over here.

So I put two and two together and surmised that he could be coming through their contacts rather than off Gray's list ....your honour.

Edited by Beholder

you missed the... but...I'm really happy just disappointed that some people can't help but looking at the possible negatives

Righto.

Yr a strange fellow.

Trying to start rows on here when we are all in a good mood.

Cheer up lad we're rich!

Oi you two!  Put your handbags away or I'll get all ModNazi on you!

Just not bothered...

Is it that implausible that Sergio Bus is not a player known to Stuart Gray?

He plays in the Romanian league. I don't know where our scouting network spans to, but I doubt he has first hand knowledge on all players across all leagues.

I heard last night that the new owners have their own contacts in the game over here.

So I put two and two together and surmised that he could be coming through their contacts rather than off Gray's list ....your honour.

Gray has been talking to theses guys for at least a week. So, I don't see this being without his buy-in. Could be another bit of Stu-genius.

Gray has been talking to theses guys for at least a week. So, I don't see this being without his buy-in. Could be another bit of Stu-genius.

Yeah i am sure he will have been party to the decision.

However, just as in many clubs, the manager will have a wish list, but players will also be suggested from outside that.

To surmise that Gray alone is in charge of who comes in sounds a bit naive to me.

I see where Beholder's coming from. His signing could have been lead by the new owner.

But if this is Gray's signing and he proves to be a great signing it goes to show how far our scouting system has come.

Playoffs here we come

Always a risk signing an unknown foreign player, if i could choose obviously i would rather us sign a player we know can score goals in the Championship. Surely we are in a much better position to do that now.

Just because we have decent money now doesn't mean that we are going to start bidding millions on players.

Better to spend well than big.

Just because we have decent money now doesn't mean that we are going to start bidding millions on players.

Better to spend well than big.

I've always thought that SG has a list of players he wants to improve us but hasn't had the money to get them...until now :biggrin: :biggrin: