They want Madine on a permanent deal.

He's not as good as May, Nuhiu and Lavery and they're all tied to the club on longer deals too.

I'd let him go for £200k rising to £500k on promotion which considering he's in the last year of his deal would be a good deal for us and a snip for Coventry considering Madine is a proven League 1 goal scorer.

He's not as good as May, Nuhiu and Lavery and they're all tied to the club on longer deals too.

I'd let him go for £200k rising to £500k on promotion which considering he's in the last year of his deal would be a good deal for us and a snip for Coventry considering Madine is a proven League 1 goal scorer.

You think Coventry will get promoted any time soon? Sell him for 350K and include a get out of jail free card  lol

Guest Gershwin

Stick to song writing George  lol

Thanks, Duke. You're not the Duke I played with way back? Working on a bit of a instrumental at the moment. Trying to modernise a bit. Rap? Want to blend in something atmospheric, maybe bringing in colour. Any ideas for titles?

As a Wednesdayite of 47 years i cannot believe some of the attitudes you see on this so called fans forum.

Gary Madine is a player whom we paid in the region of £800,000 for, at the time he wasnt the finished article but a raw talent,

he had his problems at Carlisle but that didnt bother anyone on here when he was scoring in the first division,

he has never had a good run of games in which to find any sort of form, unlike some other players who are still playing but not scoring.

It would be poor business to let him go without recouping some of our outlay and I still think he will make a good championship player, hopefully for us.

Back in the day, before everybodies every move was scrutinised, he would have been called a" jack the lad " and just judged on his on the field antics,

it makes me wonder how players like Curren and Wylde would have faired these days,

The fans won't take to him, he doesn't get on with the manager and the strikers we have are all better than him. In other words, get rid. It's not entirely fair on him I know, but if we can get a fee for him I'd bite their hand off. Give him a chance to re-build his career elsewhere, in a league where he is clearly more comfortable (and that's not a dig, I could see him being championship-level in the future, things just aren't quite going for him at the moment.

As a Wednesdayite of 47 years i cannot believe some of the attitudes you see on this so called fans forum.

Gary Madine is a player whom we paid in the region of £800,000 for, at the time he wasnt the finished article but a raw talent,

he had his problems at Carlisle but that didnt bother anyone on here when he was scoring in the first division,

he has never had a good run of games in which to find any sort of form, unlike some other players who are still playing but not scoring.

It would be poor business to let him go without recouping some of our outlay and I still think he will make a good championship player, hopefully for us.

Back in the day, before everybodies every move was scrutinised, he would have been called a" jack the lad " and just judged on his on the field antics,

it makes me wonder how players like Curren and Wylde would have faired these days,

Don't think either Wylde or Curran served a stretch for repeated ABH/GBH assaults. He served his time and should be allowed to get on with his career IMO but his thuggery should not be dressed up as anything other than just that.

I agree though that we should see how things pan out over the coming weeks before writing him off here. For all we know his loan at Coventry might be no more than just to get his confidence and match fitness up to speed for our benefit.

He didn't score.

We've got loads who can hoof it 40 yards Malek...

I also think that we should let him go. But it was a bit of class he rarely showed in his last 2 and half years here. He certianly seems more confident, perhaps knowing that he wont get dropped without good reason by Pressley. Comodity he never got here.

Madine did fireus to promotion - that was worth his fee alone.

Madine has not covered himself in glory and his agent/uncle the electrician does not help.

The club have not treated him well and I think if we had no intention of playing him we should have got him out on loan earlier with a view to him coming back firing on all cylinders.

Sadly I think he will be another talent we fail to nurture that will go on and succeed elsewhere.

Best forward at the club by a mile. Gray's handling of Madine has been shocking. He had a good game against Leeds and was denied the opportunity to build on that. 3 goals in 10 starts is hardly shabby considering hes started seemingly at random in games. I haven't seen him have a bad game since returning and always looks the most like scoring. I also like Stevie May and think Lavery will be a top player but Madine fired us to promotion and hes still got it.

I wouldn't go overboard with the "good game against Leeds" stuff, he was only on the pitch for 30 minutes. I agree he hasn't really had a fair chance but when Gray brings in someone like GTF ahead of him you just know he ain't going to get one. As for "best forward at the club by a mile", I'm not even going to bother... lol

Thanks, Duke. You're not the Duke I played with way back? Working on a bit of a instrumental at the moment. Trying to modernise a bit. Rap? Want to blend in something atmospheric, maybe bringing in colour. Any ideas for titles?

Do you think me second name is Ellington? I'm a bit too old for rap, I'm still in love with Wishbone Ash, sad git that I am.

Best forward at the club by a mile. Gray's handling of Madine has been shocking. He had a good game against Leeds and was denied the opportunity to build on that. 3 goals in 10 starts is hardly shabby considering hes started seemingly at random in games. I haven't seen him have a bad game since returning and always looks the most like scoring. I also like Stevie May and think Lavery will be a top player but Madine fired us to promotion and hes still got it.

lol

Christ almighty.

lol