SWFC Tours now available to book online

I went one one a couple of years ago - it was better and cheaper than the  match.  Plus my lad got to meet a couple of mega stars

file-71.jpg

and then

file-1632.jpg

you can thank him for getting rid of both of them

He later had his photo taken with

Reda

Madine

Lita

and Llera

so if there are any of our current lot you want to see the back of just let me know and we'll sort them ;-)

Been on two.

They used to do them for free if it was your birthday. But that one wasn't as good as the one you have to pay for now. 

Went on the one you have to pay for, last season before the first home match vs Burnley.

Don't think the tour guide could have taken us anywhere else. Pretty much covered every basis. 

The guide certainly knew his stuff, and asked us plenty of questions on the way.

Finally got to go into the away end which is something I've always wanted to do - why the roger fans moan about the view I'll never know.

It's a very cheap price for such a good tour. I'd do it again, and probably will.

Did this before the promotion game the other year, Was well worth the money & finished early enough to get in the pub for a few after.

MM spent about half an hour talking to us all at the side of the pitch at the end of the tour, Safe to say he was looking forward to the match.

Only thing that is missing is a museum, or some kind of trophy display etc

Always love a tour of a stadium - even when passing other stadiums I try to sneak a look/tour in.

I've sneaked into a few grounds unnoticed and done unofficial 'tours', obviously none of the behind the scenes stuff but wandering around the stands at least.

Dortmund stands out as I didn't expect to be able to just walk in.

Also wandered around Rapid and Austria Vienna grounds and saw Atdhe training before I knew who Atdhe was. Exciting times.

Might buy the old man the Hillsborough tour for Xmas.

For the fellow wanting to know about the old terrace steps. They were quite shallow and all the kids used to hang on the railings at the front.

Coppers would patrol up and down making sure we didn't have our  knees through the rails " get your knees back or you'll finish up with broken legs ".

The concrete was a crème colour with an unusual aggregate mix of chippings and smooth pebbles that was prone to wear out.

At the leppings Lane end there was a gate where you could pay a supplement to go through from the Leppings Lane end into the terrace. 

Also the name derives from the old English name for stepping stones which spanned the river. They were known as Leaping stones hundreds of years ago then stepping stones and as it was written in old English the name Leppings is understandable.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

I've sneaked into a few grounds unnoticed and done unofficial 'tours', obviously none of the behind the scenes stuff but wandering around the stands at least.

Dortmund stands out as I didn't expect to be able to just walk in.

When I was in Malaysia snook into Bukit Jalil (I think that's what its called.)

There national stadium anyway.

Got lucky with the timing and followed the bin men in. Didn't have long though.

lol

Edited by Gerinako