Why do we have so few black and mixed race supporters?

Guest conisbrough

I may be wrong but the majority of non whites in Sheffield are of Asian origin (Pakistan/Bangladesh/India) and they ae not as fanatical about football as other races. No culture of football and prefer othe sports. Think this is one of reasons.

I suspect another is economic in football is an expensive hobby and imigrant communities usually have a lower per capita income in household.

and you do ?.......you´d have to be very conceited bloke to think your right and everyone else is wrong .it,s a valid thread and some of the replies have been good some have been amusing some have been rubbish but not one as been offensive as far as i can see .

I certainly don't have an agenda. I would also say that having bothered to read reports like: FOOTBALL AND ITS COMMUNITIES INTERIM REPORT 2 Mapping Case Study Clubs’ Communities (if you're interested); that I probably do have more insight into the issue than others. That ok with you?

I may be wrong but the majority of non whites in Sheffield are of Asian origin (Pakistan/Bangladesh/India) and they ae not as fanatical about football as other races. No culture of football and prefer othe sports. Think this is one of reasons.

I suspect another is economic in football is an expensive hobby and imigrant communities usually have a lower per capita income in household.

they have a culture of cricket and yet they dont seem to support yorkshire either.....

I certainly don't have an agenda. I would also say that having bothered to read reports like: FOOTBALL AND ITS COMMUNITIES INTERIM REPORT 2 Mapping Case Study Clubs’ Communities (if you're interested); that I probably do have more insight into the issue than others. That ok with you?

who,s it written by ?......i,m old enough to form my own opinion on issue´s and dont need someone i´ve never heard of trying to tell me different .

I don't live in Sheffield now but its pretty similar to where I used to live.

There are virtually no black people in my area.Its an average area with the posher rural houses half a mile one way,council estate the other way and where I live just your average uk houses.Its not rough or top end of the market.

Black people are free to live here but they choose not to.Its not a racist neck of the woods.

They generally just make their own minds up what they want to do just like white people.

If they don't want to go to the game they wont.

Just like Council Owl lol

It would be interesting to measure the % against other comparable clubs i.e. major city, non-white make up etc. Cities and towns in the north attracted predominately pakistani workers in the sixties/seventies and we are now into the third generation but i can't see any evidence of many asians attending hillsborough. The afro-cabribeean community of Burngreave and Broomhall may have resisted attending any football matches up until the nineties as there was open racism from the white 'fans' and i can't imagine what that would have felt like. 

I never see that many non-white faces in the away end at hillsborough. Look at Birmingham - a city of nearly 50% non-white and you don't see that represented in Birmingham's away following - maybe Aston Villa is different but not to that level.

We need to round up a load of Asians, somalians and meercats in Sheffield before the next match and force them into the wedge next to the away supporters.

I'm sure it would make us feel more enriched with the diversity and vibrancy from them.

We could hug them on the way out and beg them to come again too!