Why do we have so few black and mixed race supporters?

Haven't read all 18 pages but I'm the guy that started the huge 'Racism' thread after an ignorant fan said some ignorant things to me during the Cardiff game at the weekend.

Bit of background - I'm mixed race, born in Sheffield but brought up in London. The entire of my Dad's family are from Sheffield and are Owls. Therefore naturally I was one as well. Picture how difficult it is to grow up in North London in the 90s as a Wednesday fan - especially when they got relegated at the turn of the century...

It's difficult for me to get to matches as it's so expensive - but I try to go to all the away matches down South and you can find me every match day with my headphones on glued to Wednesday player.

That's the first time in my years of supporting Wednesday that I've ever had anything racist said to me at a match - and I'm hoping it was the last. Apologies for mocking him for being ginger but I found hard it not to when he seemed to take an aversion to my appearance!

Hopefully it'll be the last. I've always found Wednesday fans to be unbelievably friendly and welcoming and I hope that will never change.

1736727_1485542845006281_2004663071_n.jp

F*cking superb photos.

I maintain what I posted earlier about a lot of 'ethnic minorities' throughout the UK supporting the (generally) top 4 sides. And that's why Wednesday don't attract many fans who aren't white.

BUT...

I've been to hundreds of Wednesday games over the years, and I would say we have a support base that's more casually racist than many. I've heard plenty of stuff at matches. And after/before in the pubs. Nothing aimed at other Wednesday fans, but your usual sh*t.

Down here, the only club who I've always associated with racism is Chelsea. And that's changed now (with the match going fans).

Millwall, QPR, Gooners, Spurs? Not a jot. And I've spent a LOT of time with a lot of their fans.

I'll probably get shot down, but I see it as more of a Northern thing (as a mentality in general).

Again though, I don't see us as a 'racist club' as such, and I certainly don't put what I've said above down to the reasons why your average Hillsborough crowd will be 99.9% white.

So a black Pig fan in Asda today with one of replica team shirts on. I said WAWAW and he just looked at me speechless and gormless like the reaction you get from all their fan base. Do any of em know how to laugh?

Black people?

Yeah I think so...