Why do we have so few black and mixed race supporters?

currently on hold for 2 years-long story.

but lets just say since 1998- I ve covered in seasons between 60% to 100% of away games and 100% home, so I do see with my own eyes.

As stated before the games with larger ethnic backgrounds are centred around London and maybe Birmingham and that's it

Why do the do gooders have to interfere and force their opinions ( don't mean the OP) ? Maybe people from ethnic minorities are quite happy as they are and don't actually want to go to Hillsborough and watch a football match, the pc crowd need to stop putting their noses everywhere thinking they have saved the world, when sometimes, just sometimes people, no matter what colour, what religion etc, after all we're all just "people" might NOT want their arms twisting Into doing stuff they aint got any Interest In anyway.

I'm pretty damn sure If an Asian man for example wants to go and watch The Wednesday then he will buy a ticket and go to the match just like any other man.

Too many people around these days Poking their noses In and Interfering with everything they possibly can.,....

1. If any business was lacking a big demographic like any none white people it would be very concerned and we are a business.

2. Judging from half the posts on here an Asian person probably would not.

As daft as some of the comments on here are, there is a valid point behind the OP.

Does it matter what colour a chap is as long as he pays for his tickets.

It's bints going to the games that concerns me....

No it doesn't matter at all, but I just found it a bit odd that we don't attract fans from that particular group, when they actually supply a third of Wednesday's squad.

This subject had got me thinking.

I realised that All of my black African, black Caribbean and  mixed raced friends support United.

All of them.

I only have two reasonable explanations.

1) The ground is within walking distance of where they live.

2) They have all been involved at some stage in community work that United do in the area they live.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I can honestly say, I don't know one single Wednesday fan who is black, we'll not one who goes on any sort of regular basis. Like a few on here, I've been going a long time and even though I now live elsewhere, I still know an awful lot of Wednesday fans. Probably Dougie, or Lindval Douglas was last one I knew who went on a regular basis. No, I tell a lie, I often see Barry Smith in the North.

Edited by gurujuan

in that case blame the ethnc groups for not coming to support the ethnic players gurujuan......but this where your wrong.

Its not the colour of skin its about Wednesday and nothing else

No I get that, I totally do, but I don't know why more haven't been bitten by the Wednesday bug, that's all

Guest Steve French

This subject had got me thinking.

I realised that All of my black African, black Caribbean and mixed raced friends support United.

All of them.

I only have two reasonable explanations.

1) The ground is within walking distance of where they live.

2) They have all been involved at some stage in community work that United do in the area they live.

Because as we all know, black people can't afford to live outside S1 or S2 and/or they cant afford public or private transport to other places.

Obviously.

No it doesn't matter at all, but I just found it a bit odd that we don't attract fans from that particular group, when they actually supply a third of Wednesday's squad.

Its also prevalent in the US Guru...

According to reports, while blacks account for only 13 percent of the U.S. population, they represent about 76 percent of the players in the NBA, and 66 percent of the NFL.

Major League Baseball in an exception -- according to data, only about 8.5 percent of players in the league are African-Americans, although another 27 percent are Latinos -- many of whom could also be considered black (Ice hockey, of course, remains overwhelmingly white, and since I am not too familiar with the sport, I will have to exclude it.)

Sports has always attracted the most disadvantaged segments of society, since they had few other options to succeed. In the early 20th century, a great many boxers were Italian and Jewish – it wasn’t really until the 1950s that black prizefighters started to dominate the sport.

Given baseball’s restriction on black players prior to 1947, many ballplayers still came from poor and/or immigrant backgrounds.

Now, blacks and Hispanics represent the lion’s share of NFL, NBA and MLB rosters – but the ticket-buyers and TV audience remain mostly white.

Because as we all know, black people can't afford to live outside S1 or S2 and/or they cant afford public or private transport to other places.

Obviously.

Merely saying that if something is on your doorstep you're more likely to use it.

Edited by DEH9

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.