Need to drop Nuhui

Don't recall Teddy Sheringham having a change of pace. But he held it well. Had an eye for a pass for his partner and chipped in himself. 

Ahh well, all about opinions I suppose.

Stuart Grays being the only one that really matters.

One thing I do know for sure. There's not many manager I've ever known  who dropped their top scorer when they had no one realistically pushing for the spot behind them.

Edited by DEH9

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Don't recall Teddy Sheringham having a change of pace. But he held it well. Had an eye for a pass for his partner and chipped in himself.

One thing I do know for sure. There's not many manager I ever known for who dropped their top scorer when they had no one realistically pushing for the spot behind them.

To a lesser extent same could be said about Kevin Davies

AAAH Here we go..............the latest fad.................nobody is allowed an opinion on Nuhiu unless its a good one.

I,m not a big fan , but happy to be proved wrong , and thankfully the lad has done exactly that for most of the games this season , but he was below par on Saturday , particularly in the first half when he was poor.

Having said that he would still be in my starting eleven tonight based on his overall contribution this campaign.

The guy at the weekend looked a bit poor.

I'm happy with the knowledge a pygmy can outjump  him, that doesn't bother me slightly but he was even struggling to sprint early in the first half against Reading.

Madine has to be chomping at the bit and is a bit more athletic, surely it's time for a small change up top?    It doesn't have to be a permanent change, just a kick up the jacksie.   Plus I think Madine is worth another gamble.   He like May (M&M?!) is a natural finisher, without them being too similar to play alongside each other.

Edit: Still struggle with his surname without checking sorry!

Cant agree with ya, like most people on here. He does far more than just score goals for this team. Still winning games at the mo and a major one here....he's our top goal scorer this year!!!! For that reason i'm out!

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Can i neg someone 100 ?

He drags defenders 2 at a time, thus we have a spare body + he his finding his scoreing boots

I won't harp on, but if you fancy passing some of what you have been smoking/drinking/ shooting up (delete as approprite)

please drop off at our house for the party on Saturday

all the best

Andy

I once petitioned Owlstalk for this type of power

Once we get another striker in to suppliment Nuhui and May,then iam afraid that Madine's chances of getting any first team football will have but disappeared at s6 unless we have another injury crisis.The best bet for him is to go out on loan to a league 1 side.

You might be correct buy don't write the lad off without giving him a chance.

Guest JonTheOwl66

One thing I do know for sure. There's not many manager I've ever known  who dropped their top scorer when they had no one realistically pushing for the spot behind them.

Again it's a different world entirely from the 90s/noughties when Sheringham played. This isn't a dig at you mate - but the 'older' fan seems to have these blinkered spectacles on where they believe 'back in my day' the standard of football was considerably better, and the good players then could now hold themselves in the modern day.

I personally don't believe in any way, shape or form thats the case for players like Sheringham. You can't deny players from the past were exceptionally talented.. But do they in any way compete with modern footballers in terms of athleticism? No. 

Quite frankly, Nuhiu isn't an athlete. In fairness to the guy, he's lost a bit of extra weight and seems a little stronger. Fair play. But he's not, and never will be as able as say, Madine, to play two different roles either as a target man or a man who can run the channels. 

It's fairly harsh that I'm criticising him for something that is almost genetically predispositioned. But it's how it is. Today's game is cut-throat.

I will always believe that while we only have May, Nuhiu and Madine as available striking options - with the possibility of Hope, who seems to be being deployed more as a wideman - then we have nowhere near the depth and diversity of options that is required to get promoted. 

In a side like Derby - Nuhiu would flourish. But here? I have to say despite our fantastic start our slightly toothless attack is concerning me. Part of me thinks the only reason for this good start is down to Lees, Loovens and Westwood who all have been brilliant in keeping us clean sheets - meaning we only need one goal to win. But what if either of them get injured? The clean sheets go missing.... What then? We suffer. We don't have that quality up front to outscore the opposition when we concede. 

It's no coincidence that in two of the three games we've conceded we've failed to pick up all three points. And we came very close to blowing it against Middlesbrough. I think realistically I'm being awfully picky. But Nuhiu doesn't fill me with confidence before a game he's going to get a goal. May does, and hes been excellent so far. But we desperately need a partner for Stevie who can notch regularly too. Nuhiu is doing a great job, but he's not a convincing, consistent striker. The past few games he's dipped below his performances at the start of the season. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes on a barren run in front of goal now. 

Time will tell. I'm far from convinced we have the quality to maintain this run. Fantastic so far. Great performances. It can all quite easily fall apart though and that scares me.

I'm happy with the knowledge a pygmy can outjump  him, that doesn't bother me slightly but he was even struggling to sprint early in the first half against Reading.

Madine has to be chomping at the bit and is a bit more athletic, surely it's time for a small change up top?    It doesn't have to be a permanent change, just a kick up the jacksie.   Plus I think Madine is worth another gamble.   He like May (M&M?!) is a natural finisher, without them being too similar to play alongside each other.

Hi Pellegrini,

Looking forward to the match later?

Guest Mancunian_Owl

-37 and counting.

10 games, 6 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.

And peoples opinion is we should pick Madine as he "is worth another gamble" lol

Why not also through Kamilkaze in defence, Corry in Midfield and Floro in defence too whilst we are at it.

Oh snap, or we could continue with the team that has only lost 1 game in the last 10.

-37 and counting.

10 games, 6 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.

And peoples opinion is we should pick Madine as he "is worth another gamble" lol

Why not also through Kamilkaze in defence, Corry in Midfield and Floro in defence too whilst we are at it.

Oh snap, or we could continue with the team that has only lost 1 game in the last 10.

Acording to some on this site these last couple of weeks we should drop, Nuhiu, coke, semedo, maguire, meghoma, palmer, and mattock because they're not playing well not up to it in this division or are league 1 players.

lol lol lol lol.

Good job stu picks the team.

Guest JonTheOwl66

The whole "it's a different game from the 90's" is moot, if anything it's more diluted and less physical these days due to constant diving and unsportsmanship.

Physicality and athleticism are two completely different entities.