twAdkins

Make no bones about it he gave his players instructions to use rough stuff to unsettles us.

The tail of a referee didn't help allowing all sorts of mainly innocuous nonsense by their back 4 and constantly penalising Nuihu for the crime of being 6' 7".

No qualms about the penalty and we see 26 consecutive conversions come to an end.

But we surely must take issue with all those little decisions going against us, grinding us down. Also I take issue with our lads leaving Stevie May in a 5 v 1 pushing match following a diabolical decision not to award the pen. So to the players "Come on Wednesday all for one and one for all"

To Adkins a poor manager who after three stabs at us still hasn't got it right. With the resources they have they would do so much better if they employed a manager rather than a Physio ! 

Make no bones about it he gave his players instructions to use rough stuff to unsettles us.

The tail of a referee didn't help allowing all sorts of mainly innocuous nonsense by their back 4 and constantly penalising Nuihu for the crime of being 6' 7".

No qualms about the penalty and we see 26 consecutive conversions come to an end.

But we surely must take issue with all those little decisions going against us, grinding us down. Also I take issue with our lads leaving Stevie May in a 5 v 1 pushing match following a diabolical decision not to award the pen. So to the players "Come on Wednesday all for one and one for all"

To Adkins a poor manager who after three stabs at us still hasn't got it right. With the resources they have they would do so much better if they employed a manager rather than a Physio !

Enjoy the night mate... Just enjoy...

But we surely must take issue with all those little decisions going against us, grinding us down. Also I take issue with our lads leaving Stevie May in a 5 v 1 pushing match following a diabolical decision not to award the pen. So to the players "Come on Wednesday all for one and one for all"

I suspect many think that Reading were a good team. They weren't today.

I thought they were cynical and negative - and came for a smash and grab. Throwing the ball away, wasting time from early.

And the referee exacerbated it.

Thank goodness the penalty was saved or else it would have got even worse.

If I was a Reading fan, I'd have been furious. They had a good enough squad to take the game to us.

From a neutral/football point of view, I'm glad they came away with nothing.

Just another Charlton/Brighton for me.

Edited by ReadingOwl

I thought they were cynical and negative - and came for a smash and grab. Throwing the ball away, wasting time from early.

If I was a Reading fan, I'd have been furious. They had a good enough squad to take the game to us.

How can you be neutral ?

Are you Reading as in the town or are you Reading as in looking at words on a page ?

How can you be neutral ?

Are you Reading as in the town or are you Reading as in looking at words on a page ?

They came to play anti football. The performance over the wall, from Cox, was a disgrace.

They got what they deserved.

Nowt.

Blame Adkins for that. And, as a spectator, it was dire stuff to watch.

The only thing enjoyable about it - was the win.

I thought forest were the same. Perhaps they think the way to win is to frustrate the crowd but

When you've spend money on attackers why not just have a go at us?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

TBF what he said is basically ALL true.  The only thing he didn't menton was that they had 12 men on the field with the ref.  It is not WHAT he said, it's HOW he said it.  He just seems such an arrogant twit!

Yeah I was extremely frustrated by the performance of the Reading players but that interview is pretty accurate. It's strange because if I were a Reading fan I'd expect to go to ANY away ground with that starting 11 and see my side have a go at the home team.

Thought they were quite negative and looked to stifle the game throughout.

Having said that, perhaps this is a sign of things to come now that SG has turned us into a proper team. Maybe it was all a mark of respect?

Horrible side Reading. They came with a plan to frustrate us, wee wee the crowd off and put pressure on the officials. They're a hard working side I'll give them that. To their credit, they pressed well up the pitch and did a good job on Nuhiu. Also looked a threat from set pieces. But the constant niggly little fouls, the constant moaning to the ref, very frustrating.

Very tough game for us and massive credit to Gray for his subs. They gave a us a different dimension and caused them real problems at the right time. We should have finished them off late on really. Cracking 3 points.