twAdkins

Spot on assessment.

They did have the better chances. Westwood kept us in it.

Agree wi this. Usual disappointed manager speak.

Thought he set em up pretty well to be fair. Very robust and took some beating. Hope we don't have too many games as physical as that this season with the relatively small squad we have...

Guest Darkus Owlus

They definitely got help from the ref today, easily of have been 3 pens to us.

I admit they should have had one for handball but on the whole the ref looked after them today.

They set about us quite well I thought, but I don't remember too many great chances for them (apart from the penalty obviously) in the first half.

Second half I thought we were more dominant anyway, so I don't see how he can really begrudge us the win - still, they did cause us lots of problems with their corners, and they could have got a couple just from them alone.

I don't think their forward players were too difficult for us to handle otherwise though.

Spot on assessment.

They did have the better chances. Westwood kept us in it.

It was spot on, apart from the fact they came, tried to wind up the opposition, cheat, harass and harrang the ref, time waste, feign injury, feign they had been fouled, be very unsporting and generally be anti football.

They set about us quite well I thought, but I don't remember too many great chances for them (apart from the penalty obviously) in the first half.

Second half I thought we were more dominant anyway, so I don't see how he can really begrudge us the win - still, they did cause us lots of problems with their corners, and they could have got a couple just from them alone.

I don't think their forward players were too difficult for us to handle otherwise though.

They stated beforehand that they were after revenge after being embarrassed by us last season and they set out to keep it tight and utilise their mobile, in form strikers. Lees especially did a good job containing them and every time we looked like getting a head of steam up in the second half they deployed Billy Davies like tactics. The manner of the winning goal made it sweeter as a result of this.