It's time for the chairman to step up

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

Discuss the post not the poster Sonny. I've said a lot of things on here - and your post is true, yes. But in this instance punkassmofo (still l0l at that name) is being a border-line stalker.

Seriously.

This is our best chance in a long time for the team to make it to the Premier League - however the best two central midfield players are woefully injury prone and at least one more proven ( and non-injury prone ) creative midfielder is badly needed.

In addition another quality striker would help .

Many have been saying for some time now that it is time for Milan to properly invest in the team - but, yet again, he 'fiddles while Rome burns' and the chance which exists is showing signs of slipping away ... ( never to return  ? )

I do agree with JTO to an extent here - good teams invest when they're on the up, not just as a last resort when things are going pear shaped. But honestly, some proper sports science being used to try and avoid injuries would be worth 2 or 3 new signings with the players we'd be able to use more often. One midfielder (preferably dynamic and box-to-box), one younger centre back to develop under Lees and Loovens and one striker would be the dream if we were to invest. This may seem like it's nowhere near viable but I can't help but think the possible return on the investment may well be huge if we really do go up (and with those additions I could genuinely see it). Even if we become a stable top-half team the re-sale value only goes up, injuries could send us up and down like a yo-yo at present.

Ivd said it a few times if owd tite arse isnt partin with his own wonga wots the difference between him or me runnin the show?

Because you'd probably not want to cover the £100k/week operating losses...?

It would be nice to see MM give Gray a little more backing and hopefully this will be coming soon with any money coming from our little cup run boosting the pot.

But maybe if all the fans who turn up when there's a cheap offer on at Hillsborough, dig deep (if they can afford too) and turn up to a few more games we could afford that extra bit of quality.

I know of too many Wednesday fans who can afford to go but don't and spend their money in the pub. Their choice I know but they are usually the first to moan about lack of investment in the team!!!

This isn't a dig at the Wednesday fans who back the team all the way but we have way too many floating fans who don't put in.

Crikey mate...seem to have made an impression...

But..

being a clapper is summat like enjoying owt Wednesday do..isn't it?

Now realism is acknowledging the fact that Nuhiu is not the best striker in the world..but he plays an integral part in having us in the play off positions at the moment...

So why try to mend what isn't broken?

Stuart Gray obviously thinks he's worth his place...several opposition managers have mentioned he has "caused them problems"...So why in the name of fookery should I hang my hat on what someone on a bloody forum posts?

Its nowt to do with "Happy clapping"..its about working with what you have got..If you can't see the distinction you must be half an inch offa stupid...

On iPhone so cant plus but well said. Edited by Beholder