It's time for the chairman to step up

Guest JonTheOwl66

True' it's a religion !

And the Mighty one will choose how's best for us to get to the promised land (and how to fill the pews (or not)), for he is the one with the all powerful cash, whether he chooseth to use it is up to him for he moves in mysterious ways...

For he also gave us our great (or should that be Grayt?) Messiah to leadeth us...

But let us not forget that he who have giveth can also taketh it away..

Here ends todays sermon...

Its not a religion to Mandaric mate..its a business venture..its a career to most of the players its only a religion to us...

I don't think so. He's spent the very bare minimum thus far - and while that's commendable realistically we can't get promoted by selling players to fund cheaper ones.

Its time for him to invest his own money and sign those two or three extra players who will make the difference - whether that be loans or permanent, it's not my job to say. But as things stand our squad is still very thin, and while we're picking up results, we can't expect this same 11 to play every week for the rest of the season.

Burnley did it,but I do agree with most of what you say..let's push on and have it this season MM!!...

UTO

Crikey mate...seem to have made an impression...But..being a clapper is summat like enjoying owt Wednesday do..isn't it?Now realism is acknowledging the fact that Nuhiu is not the best striker in the world..but he plays an integral part in having us in the play off positions at the moment...So why try to mend what isn't broken?Stuart Gray obviously thinks he's worth his place...several opposition managers have mentioned he has "caused them problems"...So why in the name of fookery should I hang my hat on what someone on a bloody forum posts?Its nowt to do with "Happy clapping"..its about working with what you have got..If you can't see the distinction you must be half an inch offa stupid...

We are where we are in the league because of our outstanding defense.

You don't hear Gray saying we need another defender.

I meant it's not too different from how religion is run...

As you say, we are just the true believers...

lol

I think what Jon meant in his opening post..and I actually agree with him...is NOW is the time to step it up..We have a decent manager who can organise what actually is ..really............ a slightly above average squad.,.

I take his points about Nuhiu etc..but we do not have a replacement, at the moment, for Nuhiu...So you go with what you have...

Theres surely gonna come the day when Loovens. Lee Semedo. May, Maguire..every foo.ker isn't good enough..that day should come..If Mandaric wants to take us forward..that day should come sooner rather than later...

We are where we are in the league because of our outstanding defense.

You don't hear Gray saying we need another defender.

Its a balance tho Fedor...

We are where we are cos of the whole team..By all means get a better striker..get a better midfielder ..get a better centre half...you do it in stages...

You think the bloke marking say for instance Nuhiu doesn't think twice about haring upfield?...course he does...its cause and effect mate..

At times Nuhiu has had 3 defenders forcing him into a corner..I know he's not great..but he does ..at times have their back 4 worrying.it all adds to it...

Be a crying shame IF we are still up there say January time and fail to capitalise. 

Don't think we should be blowing silly money, but a few sensible additions to the squad could make that difference. 

Long way to go though. 

Be a crying shame IF we are still up there say January time and fail to capitalise.

Don't think we should be blowing silly money, but a few sensible additions to the squad could make that difference.

Long way to go though.

To be fair there are teams that have been up there for a fair few seasons. Just because we appear to be reasonably competitive at this level for the first time in 15 years doesn't mean we have a divine right to be in the play offs, let alone win them.

Its a balance tho Fedor...

We are where we are cos of the whole team..By all means get a better striker..get a better midfielder ..get a better centre half...you do it in stages...

You think the bloke marking say for instance Nuhiu doesn't think twice about haring upfield?...course he does...its cause and effect mate..

At times Nuhiu has had 3 defenders forcing him into a corner..I know he's not great..but he does ..at times have their back 4 worrying.it all adds to it...

Another striker could do this though and even cause other problems.

A striker with pace could force them back 10-20 yards or get in behind. This problem is apparent especially in home games. We could have a quick thinking striker who would compliment May .

Another striker could do this though and even cause other problems.

A striker with pace could force them back 10-20 yards or get in behind. This problem is apparent especially in home games. We could have a quick thinking striker who would compliment May .

Yea..another striker could....Who and where is he at the minute?

Yea..another striker could....Who and where is he at the minute?

Give Hallam Hope a try.

Or we could do what the title of this thread is all about.

Edited by Fedor

I'm split on this - we are doing well enough right now.

We always want to improve, of course - but we don't want to upset the applecart either.    Bedding a new player or players in half way through this season could be counter productive.

If someone we know comes available like Connor Wickham, Ben Marshall etc who is a known entity then that would probably be better right now, but neither of those is likely and I don't know who else who is a known entity who is good enough to displace what we have at the moment.

Edit:  - I would not mind an older head in the middle of the park, someone coming to the end of their career who may be past their peak but who has the experience and still has the desire.    Again though, I'm at a loss who to suggest.

Edited by salmonbones

Typical rubbish from you.

If you actually read my post, I say we've had a fantastic start but all this good form and play could go out of the window if we pick up injuries in key areas - and it'll be a season ruined.

To avoid that, we need to bring in some extra quality to either cover or replace current starters. Nothing to do with this so called 'spend, spend, spend' culture you ridiculously imply is what I'm trying to get across - plus, if you ever want to compete in football you need to embrace the spending culture especially in the Premier League.

But anyway, lets keep it classy. I mean, if we're going to make it personal - I seem to remember you saying one time you're in your 50s? Which is quite remarkable frankly because you've got the mentality of a 16 year old. But yes, obviously being of that particular age - not wanting things to change, even going as far as hating it - you'd rather us be conservative and remain mediocre for the rest of your life just so we don't run the risk of actually doing something exciting which might induce a heart attack in your withering frame.

Thanks for ruining this thread anyway, it was all reasoned debate largely up until you come in and start making it personal again. I'm actually going to block you now. Shows how much of a garbage, and sad - slightly sadistic - poster I think you actually are.

^^^^ the world according to a two bit no mark! ^^^^^^^

Stop stealing oxygen and the world will be a better place.

Find me somewhere where I have said I'm in my 50's, probably the same post I said I wished you had aids, thing is you don't actually read what is presented to you. You are a know it all who in actual fact probably has less life experience than my two year old and knows less.

Edited by Guest

Asteener tries making out he's intelligent.

Comes into a thread about Milan spending on players and not resting on our laurels and argues against every suggestion.

Says he's not a clapper but seems happy to accept us as we are rather than add quality.

Bafflin.