Sponsorship to be blanked out for Bolton game?

Guest mrbluesky

Bit of a gamble by MM ordering a second load to fill the shop then calling the takeover off a few days later - obviously to try and get some money back - when he knows HM probably won't pay

I would have held the second lot back got a new sponsor who will pay then gone after him for a bit of cash for having the boards on sky etc. Maybe if we don't carry on with the contract as normal we don't get a penny

I'm taking the shirt back I got before the Forest game. Not because of recent events, just because one of the white stripes has blue print blotches on it. Now debating whether to bet my money back in the interim. Bit naughty of MM getting all those shirts in and then pulling the plug a few days later.

It's bizarre that Land of Fire ever made it to the shirts tbh

... Maybe Milan 'believed' the Owlstalkers who said it was a completely separate deal lol

But they were a separate deal, and the wording in Milan's latest statement spells that fact out clearly because he distinguishes between them; "Mr Mammadov and his representatives since the agreement was signed he has not been able to meet the obligations set out in the contract for either the purchase of the shares or the sponsorship arrangements."

Separate, that is, but since the takeover and the sponsorship were being funded by the same guy then it's hardly surprising that they've both failed rather than just one of them alone.

Never mind those who've bought a shirt, I fell for the marketing hype and spent 12 minutes reading the Azerbaijan Wikipedia page. Doubt I'll be getting that time back. And just as I was beginning to see Azerbaijan in a more positive light than Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, this happens.

Do you reckon Athletico Madrid will have been paid for their sponsorship?

Might be a daft question but just wondering

Was in Madrid in June and the shirts on sale were "land of fire" branded

So in essence, I reckon there's a high probability they haven't been paid either (unless of course the payments were made up front)

No one did. Probably because it a load of old cobblers.

How much would you like to bet it's a load of old cobblers? I know for a fact they paid for 1 year with the option of a second. They decided against the second year option but unsurprisingly the club had already had the shirts printed. So Perfetti Van Melle (they own the chupa brand) got a seasons free shirt sponsorship.