Sponsorship to be blanked out for Bolton game?

Guest mrbluesky

Wandisco and Azerbaijan were both the sponsorship printed onto the first batch of the new shirts. Was a late call on who we went with to get a FEW shirts out for the open day. When things regarding the takeover started to falter, we held back on having the a shed load more printed. Not sure on numbers, but we flogged around 7k away shirts at the open Day last season. This year we only had around 1500 home shirts available. The reason for this was that the money for the sponsorship had not arrived and it Was becoming clear that Mamadov was struggling to get his assists out of Azerbaijan. Even with the Delivery into the shop last week, we still have massively undersold. Sondico have the kits made, but we don't want em. Not until we're sure who's name is going on the front. Asking for a couple thousand returns is embarrassing enough, but ten thousand plus would be terrible.

Guest alwaysaowl

Just one big fxxk up to be honest I got the shirt for my lad the away shirt and got to say for the money it's a very bad quality shirt very thin

Personally I think MM should take this on the chin and walk away from everything including the non existent sponsorship money. He should have at least asked for the sponsorship money up front. He's made a massive mistake in my opinion he will only be throwing good money after bad chasing the outstanding monies through the courts. If the money was in the UK then no problem sue. As its in Azerbaijan somewhere and its obviously a dodgy country it will not be straight forward pursuing this though the courts and the likelihood is we will end up with nowt. I once had experience of dealing with Russia on a financial footing and believe you me its totally corrupt I see Azerbaijan as being exactly the same.

If we place an order with Sondico for some sponsorless shirts for the players before 5pm today we might have them for the Bolton game in January.

Not if you pay £9.99 next day delivery and get a free giant Sports Direct mug to eat your cornflakes out of.

Personally I think MM should take this on the chin and walk away from everything including the non existent sponsorship money. He should have at least asked for the sponsorship money up front. He's made a MASSIVE mistake in my opinion he will only be throwing good money after bad chasing the outstanding monies through the courts. If the money was in the UK then no problem sue. As its in Azerbaijan somewhere and its obviously a dodgy country it will not be straight forward pursuing this though the courts and the likelihood is we will end up with nowt. I once had experience of dealing with Russia on a financial footing and believe you me its totally corrupt I see Azerbaijan as being exactly the same.

I understand what you are saying, probably right in a general sense. But this is no obscure company/brand that can just go into hiding if we chase them for what the owe and any compensation.

They sponsor the Champions of La Liga who were also Champions League finalists and when their deal came to and end they renewed it. Atletico were obviously happy to do so and so they are surely meeting their obligations in terms of that deal.

Of course the exposure that they will get from a club at the top of Spain and in the Champions League is far greater than from us but they can't just go into hiding if we publicly pursue this and portray them in a bad light.

I understand what you are saying, probably right in a general sense. But this is no obscure company/brand that can just go into hiding if we chase them for what the owe and any compensation.

They sponsor the Champions of La Liga who were also Champions League finalists and when their deal came to and end they renewed it. Atletico were obviously happy to do so and so they are surely meeting their obligations in terms of that deal.

Of course the exposure that they will get from a club at the top of Spain and in the Champions League is far greater than from us but they can't just go into hiding if we publicly pursue this and portray them in a bad light.

Some good points there Hirsty Boy. I'm just basing my comments on my experience of dealing with Russia where everything seemed to be back handers and bribes. If things didn't get done then quite literally some poor fellow would get knee capped. However if you were late on delivery or the product was not to perfection you would not get paid. We learned very quickly the only way to deal with Russia was asking for the money up front.