More of a Stevie May type?

Very much so, now we have two big strong lads and two little lads who look to hang off the last man and/or make runs into space, frontline is now sorted, AM and a winger and we're reasonably set once we get injured players back.

Not what I expected to be honest.

Me neither but I think he's what we need, we have two "senior" forwards plus the one new high profile forward who've all worked hard to settle into a team, throwing in some name/ego like Danny Graham or what not would quite possibly mess up a really nicely developed team spirit and squad mentality whereas Hope will come here and bide his time and lift us when he comes onto the pitch hopefully.

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2011/03/28/everton-academy-5-to-watch/

Everton Academy: 5 to Watch

No1 is Eric Dier who just got a move to Tottenham and was very, very good on his debut, bit tenuous for them to say he's an Everton academy player as he was on loan to the academy for a year to toughen him up from Sporting Lisbon but he's still a great example of the group of players they had at that time.

Good move from Gray. I was concerned bringing in loanees would upset what we have going for us at the minute in terms of team morale, similar to what happened last season by bringing in loan players that were guaranteed starts every week.

Looks as though Hope has been brought in to offer us that something different from the bench while Lavery is out.