Our Support

Guest JonTheOwl66

always makes me think how lucky we are to have this forum, most other teams looks prehistoric!

Some good comments there about the fans yesterday. Well done to anyone who was there!!!

Me too. Owlstalk is the best of the best.

""Credit when it's due, it was due in the 80s when they were the first ever set of away fans to fill a whole away end wearing replica strips, and sing throughout the 90 minutes, we love you Wednesday, we do.

Credit today because any club can bring that much support but not every support sings up. Newcastle always too drunk, Leeds too squinty. In my opinion they have been the best away support in my lifetime, to visit us. Celtic were just loose moving targets, blathered up."

take a bow those that went then and now  -very proud 

If it was the game when Charlton was their manager the season we went up to the first division ,I was there.

We lost 2-0 I think but kept singing all game.

We took a crap load everywhere that season.

and for half hour after the game..what an atmosphere that game was..we lost 2-0 but i will never forget our great support there as always top support..MASSIVE.!!

Those who were there were magnificent but why only 1800 to a localish game on a Saturday ?

If anyone brings that amount to Hillsborough we call them tinpot !

I had this argument yesterday lol.

When I lived in Sheffield it took me over 2 hours to Middlesbrough.I could get to a lot of grounds easier,especially the Midlands and north west games.

Suppose it depends where you live in the city but I never regarded it as particularly local.

For me having no season ticket due to work I cant really afford to go to 4 consecutive games either.

There was more there at the Sheff Utd v Crawley game that at the Riverside to see 2 teams doing well at the top.

Middlesboro's support has gone downhill since their Juninho days. They struggle to break 15,000 these days.

In fact there been some terrible crowds in the championship so far. What's happened to Blackburns support or Birmingam?

Gates seem to be on the decrease. Football clubs need to reduce their prices.

What's happened to Blackburns support or Birmingam?

Birmingham have never had a massive support but the majority of their home fans have refused to attend home games whilst Yeung and Pannu are still connected to the club.

They will return once those two sell up - until that day they will never put another penny into their regime.

I went to the game at ayresome park that they refer to in the mid 80s.

Their fans were right rumblezoids though, I saw one lad in his twenties throw a punch at a bloke in a wednesday scarf who must have been 70 at least.

I had this argument yesterday lol.

When I lived in Sheffield it took me over 2 hours to Middlesbrough.I could get to a lot of grounds easier,especially the Midlands and north west games.

Suppose it depends where you live in the city but I never regarded it as particularly local.

For me having no season ticket due to work I cant really afford to go to 4 consecutive games either.

Since when was two hours too far for an away game?

The money excuse is perfectly valid but 2 hours drive is not.

There was more there at the Sheff Utd v Crawley game that at the Riverside to see 2 teams doing well at the top.

Middlesboro's support has gone downhill since their Juninho days. They struggle to break 15,000 these days.

In fact there been some terrible crowds in the championship so far. What's happened to Blackburns support or Birmingam?

Gates seem to be on the decrease. Football clubs need to reduce their prices.

Especially for away fans and that proberly explains on why our away support has tailed off in the last few years. :wacko:  :wacko:

If it was the game when Charlton was their manager the season we went up to the first division ,I was there.

Certainly did and I was one of them! Think we had about 8,000 there that night.

Earlier in the season we had taken about 12,000 to Man City and 14,000 to Liverpool. Great days, great team.

Some nice comments on here about our support yesterday and in general. One post refers to a game in the eighties but before my time. Does anyone on here remember this?

Hope link works?

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4096762

if you watch 'steel city blues', (at the very end) the playout 'tune' is the owls fans singing 'we love you wednesday' at this very match  

Night match I think.

Seem to remember after the match the police kept us in and there was a sort of "forecourt" between the stand and the gates to get out onto the road.

Bottles and bricks were flying over the wall from the Boro fans.