Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Perhaps that is the idea. Pull teams onto us to we can hit them on the counter with midfield runners breaking the traps with dashing raids behind enemy lines.

But only Maghoma has the pace to get away. To get the best out of Nuhiu, he needs someone who's clever and can make the runs in behind the defence. Not the traditional flick it on for the little bloke, but more controlled than that, maybe someone like the Chelsea guy we were linked with.

But only Maghoma has the pace to get away. To get the best out of Nuhiu, he needs someone who's clever and can make the runs in behind the defence. Not the traditional flick it on for the little bloke, but more controlled than that, maybe someone like the Chelsea guy we were linked with.

I'll be willing to bet that if Hutchinson plays the majority of games away from home that Coke will be given licence to make those runs beyond.

Nuhiu had a very good game yesterday with May next to him. They very rarely had the chance to defend high up the pitch and I don't think any team will with those 2 up top. As for running in behind, May did try it many times and never got the ball.

Could be confidence more than anything - he started to score a few towards the latter part of last season (Blackburn game comes to mind).  He deserves to keep his place as he will always cause problems and I'd start with him and May again - they need to develop an understanding.  Once May settles, he should start to be able to finish off the chances that Nuhiu creates. 

Despite a fast start, Milwall are nothing too special and shouldn't be as tough as Derby were though like all Holloway sides, they will be competetive.

The concern is more more in midfield..don't really want to start with Hutch - he needs to be managed carefully if we are to get the best out of him on a season long basis - such a pity Lee is injured again.  Semedo would come in with Coke but I'd like to see Croasdale in the bench..he looked ok in pre season and could be a suprise for us this term.

work rate can't fault it ,he has a lot to learn in front of goal as he isn't blessed with the knack of scoring , but that said

he should get some goals through luck and not judgement,he is not a striker for me as even when he gets in position to score he usually makes a hash of it , Nuhui should stick to being a hold up man and provider as is his strength lies in that aspect of his game,

But that said football revolves around goals scored unfortunately if it didn't we would be quids in ,

I like Nuhiu, but for all the fans who rave and really like him because of his work ethic and how much effort he puts in need to realise that should be the bare minimum for a professional footballers

He does more than just work hard though. He actually causes defenders problems and brings other players into the game. If he could finish he'd be worth millions.

He does more than just work hard though. He actually causes defenders problems and brings other players into the game. If he could finish he'd be worth millions.

Ffs I know that and I like him as a player. Just far too many comments on here saying that's why they think he's a good player and his main attribute. I repeat working work rate is the minimum I expect from a pro footballer (admittedly this isn't a trait of enough players).

Guest Blinking owl

Well at last. ...people have seen the light. ...got so much stick on here last season. ...He will get

better and stronger as the season goes on, the goals will come. ..

Tbf it's a fairly positive thread which I'm glad to see, it's about time our fans are fair on all players, fans who moaned at jones for writing of our lads are now becoming hypocrites. Even if your opinion is he's crap give him credit for good performances and that's what we have seen this season and us who stood by him will grin mischievously while most change your opinions slowly.

Why people don't think Nuihu's a good player then, they've got something missing from between their ears.

Yesterday he was the man of the match. His first touch is amazing, and the best I've seen from one of our players in a long time. He can bring the ball down from the air to feet almost instantly, and he's strong enough to hold of players whilst doing it. His shooting isn't as bad as people suggest, but he always looks in two minds about shooting, and is looking for a pass most of the time. I think that's down to instructions. May looked quite good, but he grew into the first half, and didn't really do much in the second. 

Madine did okay when he came on. But I thought we needed an injection of pace rather than a swap up top. He did, one good chest down to sam hutchingson (spelling?), but it took him an age to do it, and I thing Nuhiu would have brought it down to feet. 

Also we should have had a penalty, as in the second half a Derby player, pulled Nuhiu down by his shirt, as a cross was coming in.

Why people don't think Nuihu's a good player then, they've got something missing from between their ears.

Yesterday he was the man of the match. His first touch is amazing, and the best I've seen from one of our players in a long time. He can bring the ball down from the air to feet almost instantly, and he's strong enough to hold of players whilst doing it. His shooting isn't as bad as people suggest, but he always looks in two minds about shooting, and is looking for a pass most of the time. I think that's down to instructions. May looked quite good, but he grew into the first half, and didn't really do much in the second.

Madine did okay when he came on. But I thought we needed an injection of pace rather than a swap up top. He did, one good chest down to sam hutchingson (spelling?), but it took him an age to do it, and I thing Nuhiu would have brought it down to feet.

Also we should have had a penalty, as in the second half a Derby player, pulled Nuhiu down by his shirt, as a cross was coming in.

I noticed the foul too.

Not many kicked up a fuss though.

personally would prefer a goal scorer my self up front nowt against the bloke , but the be all and end all is to win matches and the goals he misses could win the game ,goalscoring as a striker is an art in it's self you either have it or you don't,it's not something you can teach and sadly Nuhiu falls at that hurdle for me ,won't fault his work rate or anything else though as he puts his all for the cause