Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Of course Mcclaren praised him.....if he didn't have the worst finishing skills I've ever seen Derby would have lost....thanks to Nuhiu Derby got a point...Mcclaren probably sent him a hamper after the game

And if they love him so much, transfer windows open til the end of August......the proverbial car is started

Too stupid to even respond to

Guest 1banana2banana

Just been on derby forum and they're raving about nuihu

'Shocked they took their number 9 off he was causing us all sorts of problems

'' that big lad is an absolute unit up front for them'

Also 'oh and who turned chris maguire into a world beater'

Nailed on that on Tuesday it will be Nuhiu and one of Madine or May starting. Personally I think that May needs to be phased in more gradually so I'd go with Madine but doubt it will happen. Quite understandable but I thought that May looked a little lost yesterday whereas NUhiu was immense bar his finishing.

And I will remain unpopular. I just don't get it.

Not unpopular; its a forum to express opinions after all. On yesterday's evidence though; Nuhiu is a terrific player who has improved most aspects of his game especially his heading. He needs to do similar with his finishing and there's no reason why he can't even if he's unlikely to ever be totally clinical. Add a few goals to his game and he'll become a very valuable player.

I honestly think he has a positive impact.

He does need to work on his finishing, no question about that.

What's frustrating is he has that ability to get in goal scoring positions.

The other aspects of his game are very good though.

Nailed on that on Tuesday it will be Nuhiu and one of Madine or May starting. Personally I think that May needs to be phased in more gradually so I'd go with Madine but doubt it will happen. Quite understandable but I thought that May looked a little lost yesterday whereas NUhiu was immense bar his finishing.

Still hopeful that we might bring in another striker before then, although a move for Chris Wood now seems unlikely. Keep hearing that we are waiting for the Premier League clubs to finalise their squads but nearly 80 players have already left top flight clubs on loan Lets not get complacent, put the rest of the Antonio money to good use, maybe invest in a young back up defender, and bring in a couple of game changers on loan. If we can find a couple of loanees of similar calibre to when we had Barkley and Wickham, I reckon we can sustain this high placing

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Nuhiu was arguably man of the match from most peoples comments and was the one that the opposition manager picked out as the main issue for them. In addition in the last match he scored one and made one.

He will be a very important player for us this season and if May clicks and these two get a partnership going who knows how good this could be for us.

He will score goals no doubt.

Nuhiu was arguably man of the match from most peoples comments and was the one that the opposition manager picked out as the main issue for them. In addition in the last match he scored one and made one.

He will be a very important player for us this season and if May clicks and these two get a partnership going who knows how good this could be for us.

I think we've yet to find Nuhiu's ideal partner

I honestly think he has a positive impact.

He does need to work on his finishing, no question about that.

What's frustrating is he has that ability to get in goal scoring positions.

The other aspects of his game are very good though.

This along with his ability aerial has improved since he joined us. Given his technical ability there seems to be no logical reason why he can't improve his finishing too. I am sure it is a confidence/state of mind thing.

Had he converted that chance I reckon he'd have been a popular MOM pick. As it is I think most would agree that Hutchinson was the man. Mattock and Nuhiu not far behind IMO though.

I think we've yet to find Nuhiu's ideal partner

Well certainly no one has nailed it down yet although May is no doubt seen as that man. Until May is fully up to speed I think we could do worse than give Madine another go alongside the big man. I agree with your other post that we'll probably be looking to bring in another creative player (perhaps wide) and striker on loan, at least until Lavery (who I have high hopes for this season) is back.

Like you I'd hope too that the remainder of the Antonio fee is invested in players rather than going towards "running costs" but I am doubtful.

Guest _Ibbo_

He is still only 25.

Looked almost unplayable at times yesterday. 6ft 5 on the weights. His hold up play was immense. If he starts converting some of his chances he will easily get 10-15 goals plus this season.

In fact it wouldn't suprise me if he was being tracked by P.L. clubs. He has similar attributes to crouch and Andy Carroll. Both 10 million players.

Edited by _Ibbo_

Nuhiu should never have been brought off, he was causing them all sorts of bother.

He doesn't score enough for the chances he gets, not sure he ever will but I don't get the call for Madine to start ahead of him. Last season whilst Nuhiu was running his blood to water every week, chipping in with some important goals to keep us up, being dropped for players coming in on short term loans and not moaning about it; Madine was doing press ups in his cell.

I'm not against Madine being back in the squad, he's proved he can score goals at league one but has done nothing to deserve selection at this level yet.

If Nuhiu is to be the preferred option up front, I don't have an objection to that, but we need to get him a partner who will compensate for his shortcomings. His heading looks to be getting better and that is something he can work on. I don't think he'll ever be clinical in front of goal and he's always going to be slow. Play him with a quick striker who plays on the shoulders of the last defender, and we'd be in business. That's the type of striker we need to target if we see Nuhiu as a regular. May and Madine would then be our striking options from the bench.

what did May do today to suggest he should start ahead of madine or nuhiu?

His movement, touch, workrate and desire were all ahead of Madine's.

I can't for the life of me figure out why some people are adamant May looked off the pace and Madine looked decent. Baffling. Maybe it's just some people want him to succeed so much, they're oblivious to what's staring them in the face.

Nuhiu is our number 1 forward at the moment and after seeing May and Madine play this season, May has to partner him. I thought Madine showed flashes in pre season (Newcastle in particular) that he could hack it, but it seems it's 1 step forward then 2 back for him.

I'm hoping we are looking at getting 1 or 2 more strikers in (possibly loans) so we can send Madine on loan.

Where ever the Guy Goes He Takes 2 or 3 Defenders With Him At Any Cross /Corner the Ref Could Award Us A Pen The Defenders Always Have A hand-full, Of Shirt Or Are Climbing Up His Back Does So Much Work ,And Dont Forget Hes Only A Young Guy ,Still Learning