Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Seems I'm in the minority, but he's simply not good enough. He falls into the same group as O'Grady, Kuqi, Booth, Sodje etc. Players who's commitment you can never question, but just aren't good enough. Nuihu had about 4 good games last season, was poor at Brighton, average on Tues night and average again today, yet because he visibly puts a shift in, fans warm to him. We are weaker with him in the team.

Bang on....I don't dislike him cos he tries his heart out, but you need your striker to score goals and he missed our main chance today.  No room

for sentiment and most on here would not know a footballer if he kicked them in the balls.....hence the O'Donkey love in.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Never seen a player divide opinion

All I know is nobody knows football better than me and I rate him very highly

Cheers

Guest UpTheOwlsss

It's unreal how stupid some of our fans our

Everyone's entitled to own opinion

However people who don't rate Nuihu have an invalid opinion

😂😂😂

I am afraid the line about being on the back foot is applicable to Nuhiu himself when the ball comes into the box.

About 65 minutes in May won a flick on / misdirected a header towards goal. If he had gambled that was a great chance from a few yards out.

I have said it before, he just does not have that striker's instinct. And you can't teach that to someone.

Hope to be proven wrong, but I doubly he will get 10 goals this season.

I thought that was a great flick on and with a decent strike partner could have been a goal, but unfortunately he had

big daft lad who puts himself about like a headless chicken, but these are the type of players in vogue on here.

It's unreal how stupid some of our fans our

Everyone's entitled to own opinion

However people who don't rate Nuihu have an invalid opinion

Cost us the game today muppet.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Cost us the game? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

We got a Good point and Nuihu was one of the better players

Just because he missed a good chance doesn't mean he cost us the game

Guest UpTheOwlsss

What about when Nuihu takes players on for fun

Wins cheep free kicks

Wins the majority of headers

Causes problems

Works his balls off

Gets credit from other managers

Nah he's crap

lol

I thought that was a great flick on and with a decent strike partner could have been a goal, but unfortunately he had

big daft lad who puts himself about like a headless chicken, but these are the type of players in vogue on here.

May cost us the game them because nuihu was better.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Yes it does.

So may cost us the game because he missed a chance ?

Maghoma cost us the game because he missed a chance?

Jonny Russell cost derby the game because he missed a chance ?

Jeff Hendrick cost derby the game because he missed a chance

Hmmm

I too dislike the so-called 'clappers' that don't score - thinking Peacock, O'Grady etc.  You are right in that these sort of players did hoodwink larges swathes of our fanbase by running hard and looking enthusiastic.  But I also know that being a striker isn't all about scoring goals.  You can be a good striker, score 10-15 a season, and still be well worth a place in the side.  Nuhiu's first touch, control, and general awareness (outside the box at least) is fantastic, and not even remotely comparable to players such as O'Grady.  He opens the game up for other players such as Maguire and Maghoma to maraud forward.  Partnered with May or Madine, who are seemingly more natural finishers, we could well see a decent partnership or two form.

And if Derby's manager, and fans, seem to be saying he caused them a few real problems today, then that is good enough for me. If you expect a goal a game from him, you'll always be disappointed.  But if you look at his contribution to the team, and what he allows others more freedom to do, then he's well worth his place.  10-15 would be a great return on the season for a player such as him.

Oh dear......let me explain.  Football is a game decided on goals.  The team that scores the most goals wins

the game.  Having a big daft lump knocking defenders around gets no points.   He is a trier and I wish he was some good

but sadly he isn't.  He had a chance today that my granny could have scored, but he f*cked it up with a p*ss poor shot.

Oh dear......let me explain.  Football is a game decided on goals.  The team that scores the most goals wins

the game.  Having a big daft lump knocking defenders around gets no points.   He is a trier and I wish he was some good

but sadly he isn't.  He had a chance today that my granny could have scored, but he f*cked it up with a p*ss poor shot.

You're trying too hard.

Less ground bait?

If he could score 15-20 goals a season he wouldn't be playing for us. He'd be worth over £5million and playing in the Premier League.

It is frustrating when he squanders chances, but it's also a fact that when he's on the pitch we create so many more chances. His work rate, awareness of his teammates and link-up play is superb for this level. When he's not on the pitch the ball just doesn't stick up top.

Some are always going to use his goalscoring record as a stick to beat him with, but he's a talent.

He wasn't average today.

Get bored of fans who just hate players and simply can't bring themselves to acknowledge the fact that they play well.

You've just heard McClaren, the opposition manager, praise him.

Of course Mcclaren praised him.....if he didn't have the worst finishing skills I've ever seen Derby would have lost....thanks to Nuhiu Derby got a point...Mcclaren probably sent him a hamper after the game

And if they love him so much, transfer windows open til the end of August......the proverbial car is started

Of course Mcclaren praised him.....if he didn't have the worst finishing skills I've ever seen Derby would have lost....thanks to Nuhiu Derby got a point...Mcclaren probably sent him a hamper after the game

And if they love him so much, transfer windows open til the end of August......the proverbial car is started

Not for sale. Too valuable to us.

JTO66 will get reyt mardy that he's being dragged into this thread but Jon, Nuhiu was quality today and has been on quite a few occasions. 

Madine was alright but didn't do anywhere near the amount of work and positive play that Nuhiu managed.

The thing is, Nuhiu can't finish for utter poo poo. That side footed chance in the first half at the back post... sigh.  :sad:  :unsure:

Edited by TheEnchanter