Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Guest JonTheOwl66

JTO66 will get reyt mardy that he's being dragged into this thread but Jon, Nuhiu was quality today and has been on quite a few occasions.

Madine was alright but didn't do anywhere near the amount of work and positive play that Nuhiu managed.

The thing is, Nuhiu can't finish for utter poo poo. That side footed chance in the first half at the back post... sigh. :sad::unsure:

I'm glad Nuhiu has done so well today. Sounds like he had a cracking game.

My point still applies though - he doesn't affect games. He doesn't step up when required. If he's good he's really good. And vice versa.

Needs to add finishing to his game. Really is as simple as that. Personally I reckon he scores a ton in training but can't replicate it in match.

I'm glad Nuhiu has done so well today. Sounds like he had a cracking game.

My point still applies though - he doesn't affect games. He doesn't step up when required. If he's good he's really good. And vice versa.

Needs to add finishing to his game. Really is as simple as that. Personally I reckon he scores a ton in training but can't replicate it in match.

I think he did affect the game massively today, obviously he didn't contribute to the main stat 'goals scored'. He won't do more than 8 - 10 times in a season. His finishing is pretty bad. The thing is, to have a striker that can do both would cost more than we can afford and if he did turn into that striker we wouldn't keep him for too long. 

May and him look like creating a decent partnership, one thing is for sure, May has the ability to finish and I'm confident he can do that at this level. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'm not asking for Nuhiu to do both really. That would be extremely unreasonable.

Look - I concede that Nuhiu has some good sides to his play. I've only seen us play once this season (last Tuesday) and from that it was same old same old for me.

Nuhiu lacks two vital things for me - concentration and consistency.

I've established my opinion on this before in the respect that Nuhiu does definitely switch off at times. Either through poor movement, sloppy passing, poor touches.

He also desperately lacks consistency. He hasn't really had a run of consistently excellent games. And no I don't count his little goal run as good performances myself.

Add that and I've no problem with the guy.

I'm not asking for Nuhiu to do both really. That would be extremely unreasonable.

Look - I concede that Nuhiu has some good sides to his play. I've only seen us play once this season (last Tuesday) and from that it was same old same old for me.

Nuhiu lacks two vital things for me - concentration and consistency.

I've established my opinion on this before in the respect that Nuhiu does definitely switch off at times. Either through poor movement, sloppy passing, poor touches.

He also desperately lacks consistency. He hasn't really had a run of consistently excellent games. And no I don't count his little goal run as good performances myself.

Add that and I've no problem with the guy.

Nothing to argue about for me, if people argue with that I think they are just trying to have a crack at you Jon. 

For me I feel like giving the team a bit of a clean sheet at the start of this season. Gray's first pre season, a lot of the players just getting used to a newer style and it has to be said a fair bit of uncertainty over the takeover. Let's see what they can do, they haven't disappointed so far. 

Last season it was harder to do that as we were very quickly into a negative rut and a lot of players were exposed to criticism very early on. 

I do think it suits him to have a lively , sprightly player alongside him.

It's all about blends.

It's like herbal teas int it, somehow pomegranate and plum works and I don't know how. 

all summer it has been 'this year is gonna be his year - he'll bag 15-20 goals....he just needs service' and now hes had afew games and missed enough chances to win about 5 games its 'hes not a goalscorer but hes a good team player'

cant knock his effort and hes improved a hell of a lot from last year but the truth is hes still not good enough and never will be. madine and may must start from now on and we need a couple of other strikers in quick 

all summer it has been 'this year is gonna be his year - he'll bag 15-20 goals....he just needs service' and now hes had afew games and missed enough chances to win about 5 games its 'hes not a goalscorer but hes a good team player'

cant knock his effort and hes improved a hell of a lot from last year but the truth is hes still not good enough and never will be. madine and may must start from now on and we need a couple of other strikers in quick 

I just don't see what Madine brings. Nuhiu's build up play is 100x better than Madine's. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

Nothing to argue about for me, if people argue with that I think they are just trying to have a crack at you Jon.

For me I feel like giving the team a bit of a clean sheet at the start of this season. Gray's first pre season, a lot of the players just getting used to a newer style and it has to be said a fair bit of uncertainty over the takeover. Let's see what they can do, they haven't disappointed so far.

Last season it was harder to do that as we were very quickly into a negative rut and a lot of players were exposed to criticism very early on.

It's like herbal teas int it, somehow pomegranate and plum works and I don't know how.

Anybody moaning about these performances need their head checking. Four points first two games is superb. We dispatched Notts County embarrassingly easily.

Up till the build up to November if we can accumulate 20 points or so, we really do have a fantastic chance of the playoffs.

Especially if the takeover goes through and we get a couple of million to spend on a couple of quality signings.

My personal opinion on our striking options is - May should every home game and most away. Madine should partner him against the weaker teams and at home. Nuhiu should play against the better teams to do a job on them.

given a run of games I'd back madine to score more than him

Nothing to suggest he can't I'd be willing him on. I imagine that he'll get his chances this season and we can see what he can do for us. I do fancy us to bring in another body up top though, I know we are wanting to do so. 

It's the Wednesday way.

We get strikers who'd be worth millions if they could score, wingers who'd be in the Premiership if they could cross...

I'm just waiting for us to sign the goalkeeper who'd be in the England squad if he had any hands.

Very good today shame about that chance he missed

He is technically so good it's unreal

Quote from Steve Mclaren' Atdhe Nuihu was a handful and we couldn't handle him in the first half and we were on the back foot '

Today a Reading fan was sat behind me, i kid you not. We got chatting and he said if your number 9 could finish he'd be world class.

If only he could finish :( (try another) :-( Nope not happening.

Well that's just lovely, sums the club up. Cant even afford a decent sad smilie to use on the forum and they are free!

He'll never go goal crazy. He's not got that instinct.

But I think he could be a Heskey for us. (Though no doubt most think that would be a terrible thing.)

Anyway.

He also reminds me hugely of the great Guy Smiley from the Muppets and Sesame Street so , even if he never hits the 10-15 I expect him to , I will still remain an apologist for him!

Anybody moaning about these performances need their head checking. Four points first two games is superb. We dispatched Notts County embarrassingly easily.

Up till the build up to November if we can accumulate 20 points or so, we really do have a fantastic chance of the playoffs.

Especially if the takeover goes through and we get a couple of million to spend on a couple of quality signings.

My personal opinion on our striking options is - May should every home game and most away. Madine should partner him against the weaker teams and at home. Nuhiu should play against the better teams to do a job on them.

what did May do today to suggest he should start ahead of madine or nuhiu?