Derby out in force .. Good to see

A lot of respect for Derby. Not like these tin pot clubs who have graced the premiership and the bottom falls out of it once relegated (Wigan Blackburn etc)

Always been well supported and always expected 4000 at least.

Should be a great atmosphere.

For the size of the city they always get brilliant crowds to be fair.

Derby always travel well in numbers so that isn't a surprise.

Only when they think they will win, not a patch on us or L**ds (hurts me to say) and Forest travel better then them, they do have good support but they are just glory hunters imo.

For the size of the city they always get brilliant crowds to be fair.

TBH they get their support from across the county, and whilst Derbyshire's not big nor a traditional footballing base, they only have Chesvagas as a County rival

Not sure how some can say we don't get decent support for our catchment area. We don't get many from the north of the county because of the proximity of Sheffield and Manchester. Then there's Burton Albion our doorstep (they're like a smaller version of Rotherham). 

As for being glory hunters.... lol...apart from last season, have you checked out our away record in the last 5 years? I'm amazed anyone bothered under Clough - it was desperate away from home. The increase in travelling support under McClaren is simply down to the fact that we actually try to win away games now.

Anyhow, it looks like we'll bring a healthy few, maybe 4K+, so after your good opening day win it should be a cracking atmosphere and a tight game. I'd take a point now TBH. I'm looking forward also to an excellent days drinking on what is probably my favourite away trip.

Good luck for the rest of the season, after Saturday of course.

Not sure how some can say we don't get decent support for our catchment area. We don't get many from the north of the county because of the proximity of Sheffield and Manchester. Then there's Burton Albion our doorstep (they're like a smaller version of Rotherham). 

As for being glory hunters.... lol...apart from last season, have you checked out our away record in the last 5 years? I'm amazed anyone bothered under Clough - it was desperate away from home. The increase in travelling support under McClaren is simply down to the fact that we actually try to win away games now.

Anyhow, it looks like we'll bring a healthy few, maybe 4K+, so after your good opening day win it should be a cracking atmosphere and a tight game. I'd take a point now TBH. I'm looking forward also to an excellent days drinking on what is probably my favourite away trip.

Good luck for the rest of the season, after Saturday of course.

Good post lad.

Still, I think your travelling army would dwindle next term even under brollyman if you're in this league.

Guest scunthorpeowl1996

Derby and Forest are proper clubs with tradition and generally good support.

I'd much rather see either of them making it back to the Premiership rather than the tinpot sides like Wigan, Reading, Blackburn etc.

And Fulham but yes well put

Mostly been a nightmare visiting Pride Park and still think its like a flatpack KFC.   Recently beginning to have a begrudging respect for their fans, they do turn up in numbers and make a lot of noise.  They deserved to go up last season and were very unlucky.

I seriously miss the Baseball Ground..Best away atmosphere ever...the FA cup matches in the early 90's were mental.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Nigel Clough "bright"? Hmmm, well, he's not exactly thick, but not many of us would regard him as a particularly intelligent coach or tactician. He never seemed to be able to change the course of a game once it was underway. Also, he surrounds himself with his buddies who are also limited coaches. Maybe he's got someone a bit more progressive alongside him now, I don't know. The quality of coaching we have now is streets ahead of what he brought us, I know that much.

Credit where it's due, he eventually assembled a squad with talent, though lacking in some areas which he constantly failed to address. He stabilised us both financially and in the league table, but despite playing an attractive brand of football, he could never achieve a consistent run of results :  we'd regularly put a good run together, then just when you'd start dreaming of the play-offs, he'd change something unnecessarily and we'd hit a trough where we couldn't buy a win and that would be season over; intelligent managers don't do that kind of thing. His man management was also controversial, with public criticism of players sometimes going way too far - the sort of stuff you just can't say in football these days.

He's given credit by most Derby fans for the good work he did, but again most can see the difference that McClaren and his team have brought. I'll watch events at Bramall Lane with some interest because it wouldn't surprise me if after doing an excellent job with them last season, he underachieves this season. He certainly looks more relaxed there than he ever did at Derby, where I think his Dad's legacy weighed heavy on him at times. He was a notably testy interviewee and the constant "erm, erm" didn't help his image with some fans. 

In a nutshell, he's not the Messiah, he's a very sulky boy.

Edited by Crewton Ram

I respect derby, they're a proper club with decent support, if slightly less than us or forest.

Our visit to them last season was one of our most inept displays ever but our fans were still great.

I'll take that day with me to the grave, my mate took a photo of me when I wasn't looking on the train back, some fo0ker had set off the alarm and it was too crowded for the conductor to switch it off, so I had that and 3-0 beating in my head. I looked like I was about to hang myself lol