Derby out in force .. Good to see

:biggrin:

I remember Adam Bolder damn near break Morgan's leg at BL a few years ago. Warnock was spitting blood, but TBF to Morgan he didn't moan one bit.

One thing's for sure, he's got to be more articulate than anyone Clough had at Derby - only Johnny Metgod could speak English properly, and he's Dutch.

I wouldn't put money on them going up anytime soon - he's bound to blow it.

I remember Adam Bolder damn near break Morgan's leg at BL a few years ago. Warnock was spitting blood, but TBF to Morgan he didn't moan one bit.

One thing's for sure, he's got to be more articulate than anyone Clough had at Derby - only Johnny Metgod could speak English properly, and he's Dutch.

Hope so.

One thing's for sure, he's got to be more articulate than anyone Clough had at Derby - only Johnny Metgod could speak English properly, and he's Dutch.

Here's hoping.

Hard to say to be perfectly honest. Losing George Thorne to injury so soon after the euphoria of signing him (he had the potential to take us up another level) has dampened expectations, but I think most fans are expecting at least another PO challenge. Losing in the final in the way we did was cruel, but it didn't hurt as much as the Red Tw@s like to think, simply because we had no such expectation last season. We played the best football I've seen us play since Jim Smith's days (you had a really entertaining team back then too IIRC) and we played to win, every game. In all honesty, if the same thing happened this year I wouldn't slash my wrists. We had great value for money.

We haven't played as well so far this season, we've looked a little rusty but not lacking confidence, but have managed to win two quite hard-fought games (be wary of writing off Rotherham, the fat jock has got them very well organised). Will Hughes has so far settled well in the DM position in place of Thorne, but it's early days and the role might not suit him in the end. We've signed Omar Mascarell on season-long loan from Real Madrid 'B' as a replacement for Thorne, so we do at least have another option (as well as ageing war-horse John Eustace of-that-ilk). We could probably do with another decent CB, as Keogh and Buxton sometimes have a 'mare (see PO final). If we 'click' again and stay relatively injury-free as we did last season, I can see us certainly challenging, but I think this will be a tight division this year and it will surprise me if anyone dominates. 15 or so teams must fancy their chances of the POs too, yourselves included (ownership issues nwstdg)

What end of the optimism scale are you?

Very realistic assessment, much like us at the start of last season. it's better to surprise yourselves than get your hopes up too much.

I think Wigan, Middlesbrough and Watford look more of a threat than the relegated clubs and Bournemouth could be up there too. Forest are hard to predict - they've spent allot of money and have the euphoria of Pearce's return, but neither of those factors is a guarantee of success in this division. If their new players click early, who knows. Obviously, I hope they fail miserably!

I respect derby, they're a proper club with decent support, if slightly less than us or forest.I'll take that day with me to the grave, my mate took a photo of me when I wasn't looking on the train back, some fo0ker had set off the alarm and it was too crowded for the conductor to switch it off, so I had that and 3-0 beating in my head. I looked like I was about to hang myself lol

I was on that train, but wasn't at the match, was visiting family from university, bit of a coincidence I ended up on the Wednesday train. But I saw the result just before pulling into Derby so the feeling was mutual that day lol