TOM LEES : Leeds United fans reaction.....is he REALLY that poo poo ?

Complete and utter rubbish

Your mates can't have season tickets, and watch him regular

He was never a scapegoat by leeds fans, and never was give stick at games,

He just wasn't very good and had a lot of leway because he came through the ranks.

Take it from someone who saw most of his games.

Below average and glad he's gone

Ooooo suprise suprise, as our Cilla would say. You aren't by any chance a Leeds fan are you ? Embarrassing fella.

tbh I don't care what weeds fans say about how crap Lees was , he's an SWFC player now and we have the capabilities to judge ourselves the players worth ,

The amount of games he has played say to me that he can't be that shabby , and lets be sensible here how many teams slag a player off when he leaves them for another side it's sods law that most of em will do so ,

Complete and utter rubbish

Your mates can't have season tickets, and watch him regular

He was never a scapegoat by leeds fans, and never was give stick at games,

He just wasn't very good and had a lot of leway because he came through the ranks.

Take it from someone who saw most of his games.

Below average and glad he's gone

I find it more interesting how keen you are to tell us this.

I'll judge him on what I see with my own eyes / what fellow Owls fans tell me about what they've seen.

I'll not trust the judgement of Leeds fans who thought Chris Kirkland fell over, and that they were unlucky to lose 6-0.

They should have tried Specsavers.

The power of social media.

Players lose their way at clubs. it happens.  Beevers and Spurr are perfect examples.

Modern day football fans are too concerned with what fans opinions are via social media. 

Remember the glory days. How much was talked about the signings of

Nilsson

King

Palmer

Pearson

Sheridan

Atkinson (relegation season but what ability he had)

Harkes

Question marks against all those players at the time.  Due to not seeing them often on TV. We had small write ups in the papers, programme etc.  We then had to make our minds up by watching them in action.

Some mangers would love the chance to get a 23 year old ex England U21 international in on a free/nominal fee who has somehow lost his way. Below are managers who have made a career out of it.

Big Ron

Bassett

Brian Clough

O'Neil

Pulis

Sure there are many more.

I really havn't seen enough of Lees to make a judgement.  I have seen Leeds Fans comment pro and against him.  I know one thing, if a Wolves, Ipswich etc had made this move there would be post on this forum asking why we wasnt in for him.

Lets just judge him from now and hope Gray can get him playing to the top of his ability.

Edited by rawowl

I live and work with Leeds fans, who have season tickets at there place.

The general opinion of him is that although he had gone a bot stale at Leeds, he was very much made the scapegoat.

One mate says that he is (was) the best of the 3 centre backs that they had, he like me thinks that Jason Pearce was there weak link and was a lot of the reason that Lee's was left so isolated at times.

Give the lad a chance I say, he was a constant in the Leeds United side under 3 different managers, he surely can't be all that bad, and as we know Gray has a knack of taking players low on confidence, and making them good again.

One mate says that he is (was) the best of the 3 centre backs that they had, he like me thinks that Jason Pearce was there weak link and was a lot of the reason that Lee's was left so isolated at times.

----------------------------------------------

No offence but your mate either doesn't go to games or gets drunk before a game.

Pearce the weak link.

That's abit like me saying Susan Boyle is a stunner.

He's going to be captain and prem clubs are after Pearce.

Am gobsmacked