TOM LEES : Leeds United fans reaction.....is he REALLY that poo poo ?

He looked better than most of the centre backs we've had recently, the ones we've owned at least.

He's a different build to the likes of Roger Johnson and onyewu and less imposing but he still he still looks quite solid, a bit like Danny Batth.

Can't remember him hoofing it either

That's ridiculous

Inspiring stuff isn't it.

That was for camera's as well, imagine what the poor lad got in the dressing room, infront of team mates.

I sincerely hope it works out for Tom and that, away from the turmoil that's clouded ER for the last few years, he can rebuild his form.

Like I said earier, contra to what one poster said, there is a player in there, he just needed to be away from ER.

Edited by just visiting

He looked better than most of the centre backs we've had recently, the ones we've owned at least.

He's a different build to the likes of Roger Johnson and onyewu and less imposing but he still he still looks quite solid, a bit like Danny Batth.

Can't remember him hoofing it either

At least he has a range of passes

I thought Tom Lees looked really good yesterday. His positional sense was sound, didn't flap, looked composed on the ball and didn't hoof it once. He managed ti pick out players with a range of passing. Extremely good signing for us. Just a pity Leeds fans seem to be a tad bitter about him joining us, but that's football.

Granted it was only against a League One club, but I was impressed enough with his debut.

Looked calm on the ball, and I think he picked out a blue and white shirt with his every pass.

My lad is relief manager at a chain of shops and is currently in Leeds. He tells me NOT ONE customer has said to him Leeds were right to get shut.  Thats a lot of people in Leeds that liked him

Impossible to judge a player good or bad from such a friendly and in such poor quality video but he seemed pretty comfortable and passed it around without hoofing, pinged one long diagonal which went to their RB but if Madine/Maghoma had bust a gut they might have won it or at the very least pressured their RB into a mistake.

Agreed in that you can't judge a player completely from a pre-season friendly, but given his championship pedigree at such a young age, backed up by what we saw of him yesterday, i think we can safely say he isn't  a bad player at all. Ps the quality i got from the game was brilliant picture wise.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

Ps the quality i got from the game was brilliant picture wise.

Wasn't badly interlaced and relatively distorted for you? Watched it fullscreen on my 26" monitor, was very decent compared to what we ever offer for fans to watch live matches but wasn't the greatest.

Wasn't badly interlaced and relatively distorted for you? Watched it fullscreen on my 26" monitor, was very decent compared to what we ever offer for fans to watch live matches but wasn't the greatest.

I watched it on my laptop Grimbarian and so it was a smaller screen. The picture quality was excellent. It was a nice suprise to find it was on and gave me a good chance to watch a few players regardless of the result.