Statement

This takeover is going to process, and the club is communicating to fans on the position.

The only way I'd have been able to improve matters would have been to issue more regular communications to the fans. Even if the message was only we continue to exchange dialogue in order to get this deal over the line.

The club is now being run professionally. Milan can do no more.

I don't mind providing praise when due.

The pigs on this forum can now pi55 off back to their hole.

This takeover is going to process, and the club is communicating to fans on the position.

The only way I'd have been able to improve matters would have been to issue more regular communications to the fans. Even if the message was only we continue to exchange dialogue in order to get this deal over the line.

Spot on

Well it sounds reasonably positive.

Until it's complete then a few doubts will linger, but it is good to get some sort of substantive update from the club in relation to the matter.

Hopefully these business issues back in my Mammadov's homeland are only minor ones and the process will be complete before the start of the season.

Edited by SiJ

Regarding the possible takeover, yes I agree However, as for continuing to back Stuart Gray in his preparations for the new season, well that's debatable. Milan really needs to take the approach that, until any deal is signed and sealed, then it has to be business as usual

What complete and utter garbage. Of all the things to say they spout crap like this?

Utterly amateurish. Its basically admitting that we are not going to be taken over any time soon.

F*cking hell.

Put ya dummy back in.

I have my doubts as well (see earlier post), but am able to communicate it without being a massive fanny all the time.

Pretty crap that, seems we're still miles away from completing it. Looks like it will be bottom six for the first few months again.

This is the problem.

We are looking very light in terms of squad dept and I just can't feel overly optimistic about entering this season with what we currently have at our disposal.

Bar goalkeeper and right back I'd say we are either lacking depth or proper quality.

Up front and in all areas of midfield, bar defensive midfielder, look woefully short in my opinion.

Should this thing get ratified, then Milan and Mammadov will need to be extremely proactive before the transfer window shuts...unless we are planning on stockpiling loanees.

Edited by SiJ

How can he be having money problems and then the next minute people say he's a billionaire? No one knows the truth but the stories about his money issues don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Have you been involved in many major financial transactions?

Just because he is a multi millionaire doesnt mean he can just make every transaction with his chip and pin debit card .

When you have to pay for things that are in 8 figures it is a little more complex.

That statement was just to say 'everythings fine, there is a delay, we'll get there eventually'

Milan has never lied to us, if he had any doubts that it had all gone t1ts up he wouldve mentioned that.

The statement explain it well imo.

I suppose storting Lens and cleaning up the situation in azerbaijan.

The only thing that i dont get is why, if Milan trusts it will be completed, havent We signed more players? No need for cash even, plenty of good players out there available in a free.

The statement explain it well imo.

I suppose storting Lens and cleaning up the situation in azerbaijan.

The only thing that i dont get is why, if Milan trusts it will be completed, havent We signed more players? No need for cash even, plenty of good players out there available in a free.

Complete guess work, but I'd imagine that Milan isn't willing to extend the clubs wage bill until this thing is completed and he knows that the money is available.

He's far too prudent to spend money that the club may not even have.

My only other observation is that Milan seems to have been more appreciative, and patient, with Mammadov's political and business issues back in his homeland, than that French pillock.

I suspect this may reap dividends for us in the long run. Seems that Milan understands very well the value of building good working relationships.

Martel is on borrowed time.

Should this thing get ratified, then Milan and Mammadov will need to be extremely proactive before the transfer window shuts...unless we are planning on stockpiling loanees.

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't get done until the end of August, beginning of September, knowing how slow mamma is getting things done. By then most of our targets will have already gone to other clubs, if some haven't already. Another season scrapping around for players last minute and loans.

Have you been involved in many major financial transactions?

Just because he is a multi millionaire doesnt mean he can just make every transaction with his chip and pin debit card .

When you have to pay for things that are in 8 figures it is a little more complex.

That statement was just to say 'everythings fine, there is a delay, we'll get there eventually'

Milan has never lied to us, if he had any doubts that it had all gone t1ts up he wouldve mentioned that.

Well then he doesn't manage his money well then. Never heard of abramovich not paying any bills at his clubs or having money troubles.

I'm not saying he is having money problems or isn't, because I don't know, but like I said the stories of him having money problems doesn't fill me with confidence.

So basically, Mammadov couldn't come over to England when he wanted to (the original schedule), and now he's been and met Milan on Friday, so we are back on track and expect more news in a fortnight.

Sounds pretty much ON to me!

This is the problem.We are looking very light in terms of squad dept and I just can't feel overly optimistic about entering this season with what we currently have at our disposal.Bar goalkeeper and right back I'd say we are either lacking depth or proper quality.Up front and in all areas of midfield, bar defensive midfielder, look woefully short in my opinion.Should this thing get ratified, then Milan and Mammadov will need to be extremely proactive before the transfer window shuts...unless we are planning on stockpiling loanees.

We need to address those shortcomings before the season starts, not wait for something that may or may not happen. Bring in the best available free transfers we can find. There are players out there, look at the calibre of those we've signed already. Five quality frees would make a lot of difference to our squad shape, and the budget is in place.

Then if the takeover goes through and we feel we need to splash the cash, upgrade then. If it doesn't, we can tweak the squad with loans at the end of August. With five more new players in, there will be plenty of candidates to go out on loan if room is needed for the newcomers

We need to address those shortcomings before the season starts, not wait for something that may or may not happen. Bring in the best available free transfers we can find. There are players out there, look at the calibre of those we've signed already. Five quality frees would make a lot of difference to our squad shape, and the budget is in place.

Then if the takeover goes through and we feel we need to splash the cash, upgrade then. If it doesn't, we can tweak the squad with loans at the end of August. With five more new players in, there will be plenty of candidates to go out on loan if room is needed for the newcomers

Agreed.

Five new additions of decent quality would make the world of difference, but then it always seems to be a lot easier said than done.

A good centre back, a couple of central midfielders, a wide player with good delivery and a decent striker would make the world of difference.

Complete guess work, but I'd imagine that Milan isn't willing to extend the clubs wage bill until this thing is completed and he knows that the money is available.He's far too prudent to spend money that the club may not even have.

That's not really relevant, with a dozen players leaving, plus the loanees, there should be ample room in the budget to bring the squad up to scratch. If things are still up in the air, then surely it has to be business as usual?

Can't be arsed to read all 11 pages. But it doesn't full me with confidence.

I was expecting 'it's off' though - so hopefully things are just moving very slowly rather than Milan has run out of patience with mamma

That's not really relevant, with a dozen players leaving, plus the loanees, there should be ample room in the budget to bring the squad up to scratch. If things are still up in the air, then surely it has to be business as usual?

Milan's in a bit of a catch 22 situation now tho, squad is woefully thin and needs bolstering, but he's been told the cavelry is on it's way just not sure when. So does he blow his own cheddar on getting the squad upto scratch, each time knocking down the price of his profit on sale? Or does he wait for the takeover to happen and let Mamma sort out the lack of playing staff quality with his dollar?

Well then he doesn't manage his money well then. Never heard of abramovich not paying any bills at his clubs or having money troubles.

I'm not saying he is having money problems or isn't, because I don't know, but like I said the stories of him having money problems doesn't fill me with confidence.

Hes a multi millionaire for a reason, one of those is because he manages his money well. I work with a billion dollar company, they dont just pay everything when instructed because they can.

Your second sentence competely contradicts itself.