Statement

It's good to know that the deal is going ahead. What's bad is that I was right in thinking over the last few weeks that things have been on hold on our side and we haven't been moving things forward with the football league, as we haven't been able to.

The statement is appreciated, but it's frustrating that nothing seems to be imminent and we will probably be starting the season with what we have now

Yep sounds like they've announced it a bit too soon

I actually think this sort of statement indicates the takeover is done and the statement from the 10th of June should've been released now, however as you said the French basically told us it was down already so they felt the need to break the news first.

It's pretty odd, they could've broken the news without saying it was all done!

Guest Steve French

Remember when it was posted on Tw@ter then here that the FL suggested that they couldn't release and update and that the club would do so, and we all hoped that was a sign that ratification was done and they were building up to an announcement?

lol

Turns out the FL couldn't release a statement because they havnt even started the process yet.

Remember when it was posted on Tw@ter then here that the FL suggested that they couldn't release and update and that the club would do so, and we all hoped that was a sign that ratification was done and they were building up to an announcement?

lol

Turns out the FL couldn't release a statement because they havnt even started the process yet.

I refer back to my earlier post.

Why was Gray under the impression everything would be sorted & players signed whilst in Slovenia?

[quote name="sacr� bleu" post="5444159" timestamp="

So really the clock starts ticking from now and not 4 weeks ago.

Disappointing but not time for panicking just yet.

We don't know that's the case. The FL carry out their own due diligence as part of the ratification process. It is very unlikely HM would have travelled to London were the takeover not still happening. It is likely however that events at Lens are uppermost in the minds of not only HM but the ratification panel

Guest Steve French

I refer back to my earlier post.

Why was Gray under the impression everything would be sorted & players signed whilst in Slovenia?

Because Milan has a working budget that will work either if the takeover fails or goes ahead? Look at the players we've had on loan, free agents and players from the college league in USA (not even MLS) etc. Maybe SG was just happy to be looking at these trialists for now?

The statement could've said the deal was off after all the speculation over the last 72 hours? Yet the statement seems relatively positive in all fairness but it's greeted by most on here with the Usual goodwill and enthusiasm ;-)

So in the meantime , are the club going to press ahead with any much needed signings ? If not we're likely to be starting the new season with barely 11 fit players and no new striker ( identified as THE priority for the close season ). Sounds like there are considerable cash flow problems - surely no one at the club expected this when the 'deal'  was announced weeks ago . 

I think possibly MM travelled to London expecting the deal to be finalised -  only to be told that it cannot be right now, as the HM  end does not have the cash to hand . All very worrying . Looks like the initial confidence expressed may have been misplaced.  Things are in a mess. It really isn't OK to be going in to the new season in around 3 weeks time - still without a proper competitive squad assembled ( never mind all the 'gelling' issues ),