Statement

So in the meantime , are the club going to press ahead with any much needed signings ? If not we're likely to be starting the new season with barely 11 fit players and no new striker ( identified as THE priority for the close season ). Sounds like there are considerable cash flow problems - surely no one at the club expected this when the 'deal'  was announced weeks ago . 

I think possibly MM travelled to London expecting the deal to be finalised -  only to be told that it cannot be right now, as the HM  end does not have the cash to hand . All very worrying . Looks like the initial confidence expressed may have been misplaced.  Things are in a mess. It really isn't OK to be going in to the new season in around 3 weeks time - still without a proper competitive squad assembled ( never mind all the 'gelling' issues ), 

thing is, there's idiots on here that could believe stuff like that

Guest Steve French

Sounds like there are considerable cash flow problems. BASED ON?

I think possibly MM travelled to London expecting the deal to be finalised - only to be told that it cannot be right now, as the HM end does not have the cash to hand. BASED ON?

All very worrying . Looks like the initial confidence expressed may have been misplaced. BASED ON?

I stand by what I've thought all along ... Milan doesn't get mugged off not by mammadov or any other chancer

No way he'd have announced this if he wasn't certain of a deal , obviously it's been delayed and i question wether milan wanted to make it public as soon as he did or wether his hand was forced by daft arsed journos ,and obviously there's issues at mammadovs end but seriously lads .. Chill the feck out !

Personally i have complete faith Mandaric will see us right , if that makes me a 'clapper' then fair cop

Who is clapping?

And what are you doing so different from that "the clappers" are doing?

How are you making things better?

Basically the people that refer to themselves as 'realists' like to post snide remarks about how things are 'worrying' and 'someone needs to make a stand' and they should 'do something'.

It makes them feel like they have some kind of power or control I suppose.

Not sure how that makes them particularly 'realist' though...

Whether HM had taken the reigns earlier or not doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things - only to those who want to see us spank a load of cash.

The rebuild of the squad was never going to take place during one summer - Dave Jones was roundly criticized for signing too many players and trying to overhaul the squad in one go - what were the odds on the same thing under SG being successful?

Milan will fund the loans - as he has funded the re-signing of 3 players and the permanent signing of 2 others. We've just got to suck it up for the time being until its all complete.

Guest wadsgod

Weeks ago Milan tells us he's hoping the ratification will be through in several days, now they're telling us the delay is due to mamas other businesses in Azerbaijan. I'm confused and concerned about this update.

Guest Steve French

Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! The club need to make a statement about the takeover.

* Club makes statement about the takeover.

Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! That's not the statement we wanted to hear.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I just did a burp and a trump at the same time. Now I've got sick in my mouth and a bit of sloppy poo in my bum crack.

10.30PM Sat night.Strange fishy smell...!

Has he got the money?

Is he still committed to buy?

If it were me - the 'for sale' sign would go back up.

It doesn't take this long to get a mortgage. He's probably had the surveyors report.

Prevarication is not good. I'm not buying into this - I've already flushed it, personally.

Basically the people that refer to themselves as 'realists' like to post snide remarks about how things are 'worrying' and 'someone needs to make a stand' and they should 'do something'.

It makes them feel like they have some kind of power or control I suppose.

Not sure how that makes them particularly 'realist' though...

Have you got it the wrong way round?

Same old from good old Sheffield Wednesday

Looking forward to starting the season with Westwood as the only new name from last season, no away kit, a dodgy home kit, no Matty fryatt, no new "striker" that we desperately craved, no takeover completed, no key marquee signings to make a statement in the league, and general nonsense from Mandy and the club to paper over the cracks

Delightful. Here's to another cracking season

Sigh ...

Guest Steve French

Well please keep it in your bum crack and stop posting it on Owlstalk. lol

I'll have you know I'm a connoisseur of posting poo. I posted a parcel of it just the other day...

Same old from good old Sheffield Wednesday

Looking forward to starting the season with Westwood as the only new name from last season, no away kit, a dodgy home kit, no Matty fryatt, no new "striker" that we desperately craved, no takeover completed, no key marquee signings to make a statement in the league, and general nonsense from Mandy and the club to paper over the cracks

Delightful. Here's to another cracking season

Sigh ...

Exactly how I'm feeling