Statement

At least the club have made a statement. I'm surprised due diligence is only just completed as I'd presumed that would have been done before the June statement. I hope that part of the discussions on Friday between MM & HM revolved around the fact that the squad is inadequate for the Championship & needs funding now.

you have to go to page 232 of the thread and click the link.

Lens in Ligue 1: Positive rating CNOSF confirmation FFF?

Its says he spent 41 hours without sleep in London with the bloke from RC Lens sorting they stuff out. No wonder he's not got round to buying us.

"

Yesterday you met Hafiz Mammadov in London. You he brought new guarantees?

First, we worked forty-one consecutive hours without sleep."

Edited by gaz62uk

Guest Kagoshimaowl

While I still think the majority on here are pathetic drama queens, I have to admit that this is slightly worrying.  I'm not worried about the Takeover, it WILL happen, but we won't benefit till January by the sounds of it.  It is time to go to PLAN C now. We need 3 free transfers on 6 month-i year deals to tie us over until then (CB/striker and CM). That is the only thing that worries me.

The Statement strikes me as very strange - not least for being at this time.

It reads to me as though the FL application is yet to be made - 

Why would you issue a statement saying

A) It's still on - I don't recall you ever telling us it was off

B) We've been talking a lot - Obviously

This takeover was announced slap bang in the middle of the closed season - it has taken so long that we are now approaching the season and they haven't committed to completing the takeover or even issuing a further update until our first game.

Takeover aside - we have certainly missed out on signing the best players - clubs are less likely to entertain offers during the season, in the middle of the closed season they can easily sell and replace with minor discussion. Also there's the transfer window to consider

very concerning indeed

I don't think the timing of the statement is that odd, if MM and HM met on Friday night. 

"This has delayed him from traveling to the UK as he had originally planned and hindered his ability to conclude the takeover. 

During this time, however, the due diligence process has been completed"

Surely that calms everyone?!

I can't work out from that if they mean the clubs due diligence for HM, or HM's for the FL?

Hafiz was delayed by the annual Azerbaijani egg eating competition, which he has won outright for the last 14 years.

The competition is typically decided in a few hours.

However, this year saw a late entry from the 80 stone Omar Firuza. Challenging for the first time, Firuza held out for almost 8 days and ate an astonishing 726 eggs in this time. He suddenly became violently ill and vomited. Judges decided to accordingly reduce the number of eggs he had officially consumed and Mammadov retained his title once more, setting a personal best of 698 eggs.

I don't think the timing of the statement is that odd, if MM and HM met on Friday night. 

I can't work out from that if they mean the clubs due diligence for HM, or HM's for the FL?

According to Gervais Martel he spent 41 hours without sleep with HM in London, that would be all Friday and Saturday.

it should young eccy . but people have been expecting that the deal was held up at the FL and we were further along than this scenario ,many are fed up with faffing about pre season and want things to run smoothly for once instead of playing catchup , every year ,yes we need to be patient , but why lead us to believe things are happening quicker than they are ,Milan himself said two to three weeks some six weeks ago why not just say that things are progressing and leave it at that , possibly it would have stopped some impatience from the supporters trouble is some will feel even more let down now , nature of the beast i'm afraid ,

Surely if he truly intends to be the owner and has the money he would do that. Or isn't he allowed? I dunno how it works, but surely he won't sit back and watch his future club be a relegation team. Suddenly wishing the new season wasn't 2 weeks away

Yes he would be allowed. The guy at Leeds put upwards of £10 million in, knowing he was probably gonna fail the fit and proper person test. In truth, anyone challenging a league judgement in the courts would likely have the decision reversed. Reading that statement, and the chain of events in France, I would conclude that it will be a money issue holding the deal up, hence HM having to spend so much time over in Azerbaijan Probably why we've been left floundering, unable to do anything in the transfer market, it's unlikely that there are funds there for team building. This deal is certainly not the formality many on here would have us believe. Were it so, money could easily be advanced to at least enable the manager to bring in some of the players he needs.

Guest HighGreen_Owl

People amaze me on here. Bit of patience required. Did people really expect takeover to be signed and completed in about 4 weeks and a raft of new signings to be made? Was never going to happen, people need to think about long term future of club and under HM we have a better chance of getting back to premier league. You also have to trust Milan's judgement about the takeover. Not ideal I agree but transfer window doesn't shut till end of August, Premier League clubs don't announce their 25 man squads till mid August so plenty of time.

Said from outset would people have rather takeover happened mid season where we've used Milan's budget in pre season and have to wait till January for any new funds to be invested or do we want takeover to be completed with time to get permanent players in August window?

I agree with what someone else has said that it can't be the clubs due diligence as that would have happened before the deal was announced. Or Milan would have sent them packing. And Milan said in his interview that day that he has all the money needed. Anyway still confusing

The Statement strikes me as very strange - not least for being at this time.

It reads to me as though the FL application is yet to be made - 

Why would you issue a statement saying

A) It's still on - I don't recall you ever telling us it was off

B) We've been talking a lot - Obviously

This takeover was announced slap bang in the middle of the closed season - it has taken so long that we are now approaching the season and they haven't committed to completing the takeover or even issuing a further update until our first game.

Takeover aside - we have certainly missed out on signing the best players - clubs are less likely to entertain offers during the season, in the middle of the closed season they can easily sell and replace with minor discussion. Also there's the transfer window to consider

very concerning indeed

Reassuring fans it is still on and is progressing is in no way a bad thing. It isn't necessarily obvious that had been talking a lot - it is common for talks to breakdown. 

We have missed out on signings, but new signings crop up every window. We can sign players on loan with a view to a permanent view if worst comes to worst. 

10th June the deal was complete.

Now it isn't.

Not sure why anyone would be reassured by that.

However, my major gripe is that they clearly announced it too soon. Due diligence not done, deal not finalised and they announced it as complete pending ratification. Probably because the French journalists were breaking it, but it's not exactly made things clear. I don't expect problems from now.

it should young eccy . but people have been expecting that the deal was held up at the FL and we were further along than this scenario ,many are fed up with faffing about pre season and want things to run smoothly for once instead of playing catchup , every year ,yes we need to be patient , but why lead us to believe things are happening quicker than they are ,Milan himself said two to three weeks some six weeks ago why not just say that things are progressing and leave it at that , possibly it would have stopped some impatience from the supporters trouble is some will feel even more let down now , nature of the beast i'm afraid ,

Fair comments mate

Agree with that, he put the pressure on himself by saying it should hopefully take 1-3 weeks but then again that may have been the expected time frame until the problems at Lens arose?

End of the day I don't really care about the start of the season. It's clear we won't be ready even if we made 10 new signings in the next few days. Just want this takeover sorted and it's becoming more evident that it's going to require patience, maybe not so much anymore now problems at Lens are sorted but still a bit more patience. 

Guest Steve French

Let's boil this down. It appears that since Milan was forced by the French press to reveal that the takeover was agreed there has been little done. This statement says that Milan and the directors have talked to Hafiz' people in Azerbaijan and implies that Milan met Hafiz for the first time since the initial agreement was made, this weekend. Obviously Hafiz has been busy sorting out the (reported) non payment of wages etc at Baku and the promotion issue at RC Lens and our takeover has been on the back burner. It's not clear if Milan means the due diligence was completed by Hafiz on the books of the club, or by the Football League on ratification. I would assume the former, that Hafiz' team has been pouring over the books and finally has got to a point to go to the next stage, ratification.

On a positive hand it shows Hafiz has the care to look over the books and has a good set of financial advisors and the club is in safe hands, it also shows that he actually cares enough about his clubs (already owned) that a future acquisition is put on the back burner until problems at an already owned club are sorted, shows he cares about his clubs.

That's the best positive slant I can put on this.

10th June the deal was complete.

Now it isn't.

Not sure why anyone would be reassured by that.

However, my major gripe is that they clearly announced it too soon. Due diligence not done, deal not finalised and they announced it as complete pending ratification. Probably because the French journalists were breaking it, but it's not exactly made things clear. I don't expect problems from now.

The main problem in a takeover (as we found out through all the failed ones) was due diligence. This is complete, so hopefully all systems go from now.