Statement

10th June the deal was complete.

Now it isn't.

Not sure why anyone would be reassured by that.

However, my major gripe is that they clearly announced it too soon. Due diligence not done, deal not finalised and they announced it as complete pending ratification. Probably because the French journalists were breaking it, but it's not exactly made things clear. I don't expect problems from now.

Yep sounds like they've announced it a bit too soon

I actually think this sort of statement indicates the takeover is done and the statement from the 10th of June should've been released now, however as you said the French basically told us it was down already so they felt the need to break the news first.

The main problem in a takeover (as we found out through all the failed ones) was due diligence. This is complete, so hopefully all systems go from now.

Which just makes it bizarre that this one was announced before due diligence was done/complete.

What a weird time to release a statement?

Get ready for the customary start to a season 5 players short lol

agree   to me this statement is slightly overdue  

we can all see the season approaching and we need players  when we do get them once again they will meet  a day before they play ..  

Appreciate this season it appears to be because of a takeover that I believed was completed just needed ratification  It now appears the takeover is not completed and he (mammadov) hasn't dealt with things yet because of the sh*t in france .  I'm still hopeful that we might start the season with a new owner but the suggestion of a statement before the first match is taking it to the wire.

10th June the deal was complete.

Now it isn't.

Not sure why anyone would be reassured by that.

However, my major gripe is that they clearly announced it too soon. Due diligence not done, deal not finalised and they announced it as complete pending ratification. Probably because the French journalists were breaking it, but it's not exactly made things clear. I don't expect problems from now.

SEASON TICKETS....

And so it begins to unravel...

The original date has not been "slightly delayed", a date cannot be delayed, a date just comes and goes. The original completion date has been missed. Why? Because "important matters relating to other business have required his full interest in Azerbaijan" delaying his travel to the UK and "hindered his ability to conclude the takeover". What important matters relating to his other business in Azerbaijan can have hindered his ability to conclude the takeover of sWFC, there is surely one common thread between a UK football club and say an Azeri oil company....the availability or funds, or not. And as "soon as practical" the can only mean as soon as the funds can be found, or not...

Edited by kobayashi

Fair comments mate

Agree with that, he put the pressure on himself by saying it should hopefully take 1-3 weeks but then again that may have been the expected time frame until the problems at Lens arose?

End of the day I don't really care about the start of the season. It's clear we won't be ready even if we made 10 new signings in the next few days. Just want this takeover sorted and it's becoming more evident that it's going to require patience, maybe not so much anymore now problems at Lens are sorted but still a bit more patience.

don't we all mate and I agree a bit more patience isn't to much to ask ,used to it now with Wednesday must be part of the criteria for being a fan lol

The club only announced the takeover after the French journalist let the cat out of the bag.

I'm sure the club did not want that information to be released at that time.

If that hadn't happened we probably wouldn't have been any the wiser so in effect tonights statement would be the first we heard of the takeover.

So really the clock starts ticking from now and not 4 weeks ago.

Disappointing but not time for panicking just yet.

Agreed - they seemed so keen to announce it.

Too quickly in hindsight

I guess Milan thought as he already owned Baku and Lens and had the shares in A Madrid and Porto there wouldn't be any harm in announcing the deal. But I now wish on 10 June he'd been less confident about it. He should have dampened expections not made them so high as he did

I've kept out of this so far because people argue pointless bs rather than reading the official poo poo

- there's an agreement based on FL approval - the norm

- process slowed down by lens- he can't be everywhere always but I imagine his people have been doing there best to prevent any further delays

- they met Friday no one knows what was talked about other than it's still on, there maybe be a budget in place so that business can be done prior to completion who knows

You can ***** and moan or you can wait and see but the ***** and moaners generally get egg on their face.

I guess Milan thought as he already owned Baku and Lens and had the shares in A Madrid and Porto there wouldn't be any harm in announcing the deal. But I now wish on 10 June he'd been less confident about it. He should have dampened expections not made them so high as he did

well u get 25% for knowledge, that's 1 out of 4 in case u were wondering