Leon Best

Guest Big Guns

Guest JonTheOwl66

Can't explain anomolies in football JTO.

Best will not do a Danny Ings.

Somewhat detracts from the focus of the points people are making by bringing in this type of example.

No it doesn't. Jesus Christ. It disproves your entire theory that people who have never scored 20 goals in one season before in their career won't ever do so.

It's emminently possible. Not one of us have a foggiest what will happen next season. We could finish champions with 101 points FFS.

That's entirely the point. Football is impossible to predict. If people could just say exactly what will happen like you proclaim to then the bookies wouldn't be so rich would they?

Guest Fedor

Can't explain anomolies in football JTO.

Best will not do a Danny Ings.

Somewhat detracts from the focus of the points people are making by bringing in this type of example.

Danny Ings was 21, Best is starting this season as an experienced 27 year old.

Troy Deeney's performance at Hillsborough last season... That was everything Leon Best could be if he applied himself. Unfortunately he won't!

Look at Leon's performance in contrast that day, 2 words I'd use to describe it was lazy & disinterested

I though Best looked lazy and disinterested in the Brighton match right up until the 90th minute when he scored an outstanding winner... That's what he's capable of.

Given the service Best would be a very effective player for us, just because he doesn't run around a lot like Chris O'Grady or Lee Peacock, it doesn't make him a bad player.

With regard to the Deeney analogy you've pointed out, Deeney looked a better player that day because he had better players around him and better service, in the same team Best would look better too.

Reading this thread and the comments of spikesy and you would end up thinking that we don't need to see the game played, just decide games through 'evidence based' opinion and who best uses words to manipulate an argument.

Be happy when he bangs in a few and shuts you all up.

Best is no wickham but he is a good striker at this level. 

Edited by Beholder

if a player is lazy but scores a goal. thats alright if uts an odd occasion. However his laziness would effect the teams effectiveness and so is not an argument to sign Best. if he was like Ian Rush was and scored bucket loads things would be different.

if a player is lazy but scores a goal. thats alright if uts an odd occasion. However his laziness would effect the teams effectiveness and so is not an argument to sign Best. if he was like Ian Rush was and scored bucket loads things would be different.

Bad analogy Rush worked his nuts off and scored goals,it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Don't get giddy but perhaps we're signing Best as a squad player, not as our main striker?

It is feasible you know. As a squad player he would be a reasonable signing.

I hope you're right OM..

Would rather have an established busy player alongside Nuhiu

Serious question does anyone know Kenwyne's contract situation at Stoke,Hughes doesn't seem to rate him not prolific in the prem but could be in the championship on a season long loan.

His contract situation at Stoke is that he signed for Cardiff six months ago.

Signing strikers is always a bit of a lottery, look at Wickham, for us great, for Leeds poo back to Sunderland great again. Some of it is to do with the player being happy, the players around him and the system of play. You can only get an idea from past stats imo. We could get Best and he might score 30 goals next season, he probably won't though.

Reading this thread and the comments of spikesy and you would end up thinking that we don't need to see the game played, just decide games through 'evidence based' opinion and who best uses words to manipulate an argument.

Be happy when he bangs in a few and shuts you all up.

Best is no wickham but he is a good striker at this level. 

I'd love Leon Best to bang in a few and shut me up. Seriously I would.

He won't though.

No it doesn't. Jesus Christ. It disproves your entire theory that people who have never scored 20 goals in one season before in their career won't ever do so.

It's emminently possible. Not one of us have a foggiest what will happen next season. We could finish champions with 101 points FFS.

That's entirely the point. Football is impossible to predict. If people could just say exactly what will happen like you proclaim to then the bookies wouldn't be so rich would they?

I don't believe I proposed a theory JTO.

I've expressed my subjective opinion on the potential signing of Leon Best.

I personally do not think he has a 20 goal season in him.

I would not wish for us to sign him.

I personally don't rate him.

I think we could sign better players for less money.

I think we should give a younger player the opportunity to gain more experience at first team level.

Anyone of our forwards/strikers could possibly have a 20 goal season based upon it all going well for them if your opinions expressed are anything to go by, so why would we want Leon Best?

Nothing personal, I just don’t think he’s much good.

Edited by F. Spiksley