Leon Best

Guest Big Guns

My opinion on Best is as follows -

He is a good player. He's played in the Premier League with Newcastle. At the age of 27, physically he should be at his peak and technically this will probably be his best opportunity to succeed and have a good season.

He WOULD improve the team. He's not a proven goalscorer but he'd stand a good chance of getting near enough 20 goals IMO if he played week in, week out. Something he hasn't had the opportunity to do in a while.

The first sentence seems OK.

The second sentence onwards  looks like the meth-amphetimines are beginning to kick in for you. lol  Best probably hasn't banged in 20 goals a season since his under 14 days.

Edited by F. Spiksley

Guest JonTheOwl66

Thye first sentence seems OK.

The second sentence onwards looks like the meth-amphetimines are beginning to kick in for you. lol Best probably hasn't banged in 20 goals a season since his under 14 days.

Explain Danny Ings to me mate.

With Nuhiu you either factor in mitigating issues such as first season in English football, in and out of the team, high workrate and team ethic and you back him and look forward/hope for an improved second season, or you say he's dogger and slag him off at every opportunity, personally I'll always choose to get behind our players as much as possible, just my nature, each to their own etc. etc.

Anyways for more shit and giggles, 2013/2014 stats for forwards past/present/rumoured, couldn't think of anyone else to add!

T0AdJ0Z.jpg

Based on that if we don't sign anyone else we should be playing Lavery and Maguire up front, but of course it's never as simple as that :)

You said you weren't confident he would get 7 goals.

He got 4 goals in 15 or summat last season for us.

Assuming he plays 35 games on that ratio he'd score 9/10.

So what point are you making exactly?

JTO, You make my point for me.

Signing Best just to harvest about 9/10 goals would be a wee wee poor move on our part.

We could do better. Much, much better.

Madine can bag us 9/10.

Lavery could bag us 9/10

Maguire could bag us 9/10

I dare say that even Nuhui could also bag us 9/10

Why the chuff do we want Best on double the wages of the players above?

Edited by F. Spiksley

It's worth bearing in mind there that Lavery and Maguire often played out wide.

Absolutely, if we're considering them for one or both of the forward places wouldn't the issue there being they're of a similar nature? Think those two are competing for the "second striker" playing off the big man role.

Guest JonTheOwl66

JTO, You make my point for me.

Signing Best just to harvest about 9/10 goals would be a wee wee poor move on our part.

We could do better. Much, much better.

Madine can bag us 9/10.

Lavery could bag us 9/10

Maguire could bag us 9/10

I dare say that even Nuhui could also bag us 9/10

Why the chuff do we want Best on double the wages of the players above?

Scoring statistics mean nothing really. Better players improve your team.. Best is better than the strikers we currently have.

Explain Danny Ings to me mate.

He is a man.

He plays football (professionally).

He did well for Burnley last season.

I don't know much about his personal life but the above is just a brief summary.

I know there's a point in your post somewhere but at best it is speculative and another 'what if' scenario.

With Nuhiu you either factor in mitigating issues such as first season in English football, in and out of the team, high workrate and team ethic and you back him and look forward/hope for an improved second season, or you say he's dogger and slag him off at every opportunity, personally I'll always choose to get behind our players as much as possible, just my nature, each to their own etc. etc.

Anyways for more shit and giggles, 2013/2014 stats for forwards past/present/rumoured, couldn't think of anyone else to add!

T0AdJ0Z.jpg

Based on that if we don't sign anyone else we should be playing Lavery and Maguire up front, but of course it's never as simple as that :)

That stat about wickham makes me wanna cry.

Would have been our best striker since Hirst.

Prem player though eh? Maybe one day.

Edited by Beholder

Guest JonTheOwl66

He is a man.

He plays football (professionally).

He did well for Burnley last season.

I don't know much about his personal life but the above is just a brief summary.

I know there's a point in your post somewhere but at best it is speculative and another 'what if' scenario.

He'd never scored 20 goals in his career before last term.

Why did he suddenly up and score that many goals when his previous statistics suggested hed never do it?

Funny int it.

Guest JonTheOwl66

...and you are not basing you're opinion of Best on statistics then are you?

No I'm not. End of the day - strikers need to score goals. But the better the player the more goals he will score generally.

I saw enough of Best last year to indicate to me he would be a good permanent signing.

That stat about wickham makes me wanna cry.

Would have been our best striker since Hirst.

Prem player though eh? Maybe one day.

Worst part about Wickham is he comes across as a really top lad who loves football and is respectful of all the fans and people he meets, if he was an arrogant spoiled dick it'd be much easier to forget him!

Guest JonTheOwl66

Yet you've been using them as a stick to beat Nuhiu with for the last year.

I've explained why I think they're pointless above.

Nuhiu put in shoddy performance after shoddy performance last year for me.

Poor misses, poor concentration, poor touches. Just looked well out of his depth.

People used his goals to stick up for him so therefore it's natural to form an argument around that area of concern, no?

I've explained why I think they're pointless above.

Nuhiu put in shoddy performance after shoddy performance last year for me.

Poor misses, poor concentration, poor touches. Just looked well out of his depth.

People used his goals to stick up for him so therefore it's natural to form an argument around that area of concern, no?

I think the same about Leon Best JTO. He's done roger all in his career and the stats should I wish to refer to them, would back me up on my subjective opinion.

He'd never scored 20 goals in his career before last term.

Why did he suddenly up and score that many goals when his previous statistics suggested hed never do it?

Funny int it.

Can't explain anomolies in football JTO.

Best will not do a Danny Ings.

Somewhat detracts from the focus of the points people are making by bringing in this type of example.