Leon Best

Guest Big Guns

I don 't mind Best he is better than what we have.

But I would rather have OGrady any day of the week.

COG isn't fit to lace Leons jockstrap

Brighton had no issue with signing COG. I'm sure they could've opted for Best. I wonder why they chose one over the other as it can't be wages...

I would think that's exactly what it is!

Someone (Scram?) said the other day they are in a bit of strife.

Hmm.... I may be wrong on the wages point, haven't been arsed to follow Brighton's money issues! But COG would be better than Best at this stage in their careers in my humble opinion.

Guest Fedor

You said exactly the same about COG not being fit to hold Madines jockstrap.

How did that one work out for you?

Best and another quality striker needed.

He is plenty good enough to rack up a decent tally this season but we need a number 10 type as well. Lavery and nuhiu can push them as competition and provide options.

Send Madine out on loan.

Guest Fedor

With our new found wealth - if we do eventually find it, I had hoped we could do better.

My feelings exactly, there has to be better value for money than Leon Best.

My feelings exactly, there has to be better value for money than Leon Best.

Watch it, with an opinion like that people may say you are deluded by thinking we are above the likes of Leon Best.

We are though and it has nothing to do with delusions, just common sense.

Completely agree, there is better value for money out there.

You said exactly the same about COG not being fit to hold Madines jockstrap.

How did that one work out for you?

Madine COULD be a better player than COG.

He has more attributes than COG unfortunately application hasn't been one of them.

I'm happier having Madine this season though, if he works hard he could be decent.

5 years younger for a start, at this stage in his career COG was playing for Rochdale

Best and another quality striker needed.

He is plenty good enough to rack up a decent tally this season but we need a number 10 type as well. Lavery and nuhiu can push them as competition and provide options.

Send Madine out on loan.

What is considered a decent tally! More than 5? Best won't get anywhere near double figures, so what is the measure you use?

Guest Fedor

He has more attributes than COG unfortunately application hasn't been one of them.

I'm happier having Madine this season though, if he works hard he could be decent.

5 years younger for a start, at this stage in his career COG was playing for Rochdale

COULD lol

COG about 1 in 3 at Rochdale. Madine 1 in 5 at Carlisle.

If Madine can get us 1 in 4 goals this season I'd be surprised.

What is considered a decent tally! More than 5? Best won't get anywhere near double figures, so what is the measure you use?

Sorry, disagree with that. If Best plays minimum 35 games this season (assuming he signs), I'm fairly confident he will score double figures

Guest Fedor

Tedious how every thread seems to get infiltrated by posters still flogging old agendas -re COG.

I was just responding to a couple of posters who said we would be Tools to prefer COG.

Everyone is waxing lyrical about signing Simon Cox who has a weaker goal scoring record at this level. I'm confused as to why he would be a good signing and best wouldnt be? Same age and Best has scored goals at this level more consistently than Cox.

Best would be a good signing if we could keep him fit. That's my only concern. He's a goal scorer and id be confident he would get 10-15 goals if he played 35+ games.

Edited by swfcGibbo

COG about 1 in 3 at Rochdale. Madine 1 in 5 at Carlisle.

COG got 22 in 43 in League Two for Rochdale, only 9 in 46 in League One so you can't really compare that with Madine's who were all in League One, especially when a lot of them apps would have been when he was about 17/18 and just starting to get sub appearances etc...