Favourite Hillsborough Heckles?

I was at Argyle donkeys years ago...Tommy Tynan was tying his bootlace by the touch line during a break in play and some Plymothian, in a broad Devon accent , shouted " Left over right, right over left"....maybe you had to be there to hear it, but it had me chucklin' all afternoon..

Not long after the Nayim lob, we played Arsenal at Home. As Seaman ran towards the goal in front of the Kop at the start of the 2nd half we were all waving our hands up in the air in a flappy motion. Fair play to Big Dave, he seemed to take it well and had a chuckle.

Edited by martyn8484

When Bothroyd was on loan to us he tweeted "Got a flat tyre" to which i replied " you are a flat tyre"... Then he blocked me :biggrin:

Surprised he bothered to reply, didn't seem bothered about doing anything. Especially when it came to playing for us. #slothroyd

Edited by Simaniac Owl

Not long after the Nayim lob, we played Arsenal at Home. As Seaman ran towards the goal in front of the Kop at the start of the 2nd half we were all waving our hands up in the air in a flappy motion. Fair play to Big Dave, he seemed to take it well and had a chuckle.

He was probably chuckling at our originality having seen it all before, we didn't play Arsenal at Hillsborough until 11 months after that Nayim lob.

He was probably chuckling at our originality having seen it all before, we didn't play Arsenal at Hillsborough until 11 months after that Nayim lob.

Any footballer that can have a laugh with you rather than take it the wrong way will always get my respect.

Loved it at Liverpool in the League Cup quarter replay. Grobelaar came out to the Anfield Rd end packed with about 12,000 Wednesdayites all chanting "Zulu, Zulu" and then proceeded to conduct the chants himself!

Wasn't at Hillsborough, think it was Macclesfield away pre season about 10 years ago. Their keeper "Wilson" took a whole 45mins of light hearted abuse. "Wilson's mum" was the main theme. Think Kuqi got a hat trick that day I'm sure some Statto will know.

After receiving plaudits for his "powerhouse performance" in The Star the week before gary megson was having a stinker the following Saturday at Hillsborough.

"Powerhouse?... Shitehouse!" piped up the old guy sat near to us to much mirth..

An "unacceptable these days" one from the same chap at night matches (aimed at Mark Chamberlain/Tony Cunningham, whoever) was "gi' it to't black lad and turn't leets aht!"

It was all in the delivery though, like most of these!

There's one particular one that stands out for me from the North Stand, we were playing Wolves and their winger Seol Ki-Hyeon was running down our side.  

Every time he got the ball this bloke screamed at the top of his voice "YOU EAT DOG"  the context of what he was saying wasn't funny, it's, well.., racist, but his execution had us in stitches, really belting it out and breaking his voice for it.  He must have really liked dogs.

I didn't sit near enough to hear what he said but it was his posture and his clothing that did me - Kop every game, wearing a huge bright blue Suburu jacket, bloke was about 6'8, would stand with his arms out screaming at someone or something, well after everyone had forgot about it. His mate was about 5'2, I swear he hated it when we scored cos this bloke would literally throw him about, dive on him. My aim was always to sit close to him but he vanished after a season.

I always wonder what happened to Suburu Man!

Edited by Simmo200