Le Tour - this Sunday

Plenty of bunting and bikes up around worral/Oughtibridge/Greno now, looking good. The first road messages have appeared on jawbone too ("shut up legs")

Can't wait, got 25 people round if they can get, gonna gets bags of goodies from caravan, enjoy the atmosphere in the park, have a few beers and watch some elite athletes on my doorstep, just hope I can get a spot on jawbone.

Mountain biking is better though

though

Edited by bigrbuk

Quite simply the most corrupt "sport" on the planet

plus the clues in the name

Tour De France

If I wanna watch the Isle Of Man TT I go to the Isle of Man innit.

I would think the most corrupt sport in the world is football with FIFA in charge.

F**k all to do with you anyway.

It goes nowhere near your part of Rotherham.

Edited by BIG D

Not forgetting a certain bidding process for the biggest football tournament in the World

yet all the participants wont at one time or another been drug cheats unlike the Tour De France 

Over the last 20 or 30 years how many winners can fans of this borefest be confident that the winners were clean and not cheats ?

It was quite interesting that last year when Brailsford and Team Sky announced a drugs amnesty that half the backroom staff left because they had all been bent when they were competitors

Guest Harry Coy

Gutted I'm missing it. All our neighbours back home have been painting bikes yellow and putting them in random places. Looks good.

Bradfield/Oughtibridge will be buzzing.

yet all the participants wont at one time or another been drug cheats unlike the Tour De France

Over the last 20 or 30 years how many winners can fans of this borefest be confident that the winners were clean and not cheats ?

It was quite interesting that last year when Brailsford and Team Sky announced a drugs amnesty that half the backroom staff left because they had all been bent when they were competitors

That's a huge generalisation. There's 200 competitors. Are you saying they're ALL drug cheats?

It's a much much cleaner sport than it once was.

Guest Grez Bez

Been in Leeds today and the city is buzzinh

Yellow jerseys on statues and banners everywhere

Similar in Sheffield?

Been in Leeds today and the city is buzzinh

Yellow jerseys on statues and banners everywhere

Similar in Sheffield?

At least they have to pedal themselves and dont have the luxury of sitting back with a throttle to go faster. The TT races are basically like a Victorian freak show which attracts spectators anticipating some poor buggers guts sprawled over the road. Of course the Isle of Man would never tone it down though as they wouldnt want to jeapardise their biggest source of income now.

You'll never catch footballers taking steroids will you?

Got a ticket for the launch show at Leeds arena designed by Danny Boyle, live set from Embrace and then presentation of the teams. Can't wait. Am watching both Yorkshire legs an all. For those whingeing about the road closures...get on yer bike.

I'm thinking of going up to Leeds to watch the start and then shoot up to Harrogate on the train to see the finish Saturday and then watch it Sunday up Grenoside.

It's a global event on our doorstep, something to be proud of.

All I've had for the last couple of months is groups of fat middle aged men in Lycra riding in groups taking up all of the road obviously just riding the TDF route. It's like the gym in the new year. It's an annoyance and will probably go on throughout the year.