Le Tour - this Sunday

Are the club doing anything to cash in on the biggest cycle race on Earth flying past Hillsborough?

The route looks like a Pig fan designed it as it goes up Hallam FM and then up Herries Road rather than Penistone Road, but it's still close enough.

I'll be on Herries Road viaduct so I can see the Tour and the best stadium on the planet at the same time.

I was thinking the other day how we should be putting some sort of massive flags etc out where they bear left onto Herries Rd.

There's a good chance we'll get some shots of Hillsborough from the helicopters.

All the whinging professional Sheffielders are out in force I see. 

Since when has Sheffield been in France?

Tour De France = France, dunnit?

Think it has always been tradition to have a stage outside France in the Tour De France.

They had a stage on the Isle of Wight one year.

I am looking forward to it, be a unique event that will not happen again (and also be free)

As I put in the oher thread, the level of ignorance is astounding (even for thick Northerners)

Totally agree. There's some right moaning pillocks around. A global free event on our doorstep and people don't even take time to educate themselves.

The publicity caravan alone takes 40mins to go past and people will have seen nothing like it ever before - or probably ever again in Yorkshire.

Some blokes on a bike ride past you

Bit like saying we spend our lives watching and discussing some blokes in boots kicking a ball about if you want to reduce it to that.

More entertaining from some bands I've never heard of being plugged to death on here.........