Le Tour - this Sunday

The best cyclists in the world will be belting into Sheffield while the entire world will be watching

I don't think some people can grasp just how big the Tour de France is

I think I'll be heading out towards langset to watch it because it's walking distance for me.

But fair enough if it's not everybody's cup of tea it'd be like me watching tennis

I'd rather scratch my eyes out.

Totally agree. There's some right moaning pillocks around. A global free event on our doorstep and people don't even take time to educate themselves.

The publicity caravan alone takes 40mins to go past and people will have seen nothing like it ever before - or probably ever again in Yorkshire.

Educate yourself about what ? You are either interested in watching it or not , just like football . So if you like it it's fantastic and free and unless you follow it religiously won't see it again , this does not make you an open minded genious . Other people who dont like it will just mean that they cant get about , need planning equal to the normandy landings just to see loved ones in hospital and will be a complete nightmare for the emergency services should a fire happen or people needing urgent treatment in hospital and it take far longer because of the race . So if you like it fine but it doesnt make you an open minded genius and if you dont like it it will be a ball ache but that doesnt mean your a close minded moron .

The best cyclists in the world will be belting into Sheffield while the entire world will be watching

I don't think some people can grasp just how big the Tour de France is

I think I'll be heading out towards langset to watch it because it's walking distance for me.

But fair enough if it's not everybody's cup of tea it'd be like me watching tennis

I'd rather scratch my eyes out.

Not really my cup of tea if i'm honest, i'm not really into cycling...but i know it's a huge event that will make a bit of history here in Sheff. I'll be watching somewhere close to the finish line, because it's easier for me to get to that region. 

The council should be making more of it get people interested.

I used to cycle in the Langsett oughtibridge area. Now I live outside the area.

When the stars of the world's biggest annual sprting event are virtually in your back yard it is a major major event.

I will be there marshalling.

When Pele played in UK I went and saw him at Hillsborough and Stoke. It is a big deal. I saw Clay v Cooper.

These are events you remember for the rest of your life.

It will not happen again. By the way, there isn't actually any football at Hillsborough that day.

I don't know anyone that actually cares about this. 

What would you actually see anyway? A load of blokes on bikes that all look the same for about 5 seconds. 

agree don't know anyone at all who gives a flying f**k about it    blokes in licra pfft bothered

I think cyclists should pay a road usage tax anall grizzle

Guest mkowl

Supposedly expecting over 1m each day to line the route.

The irony is if this was just held down south or restricted to London a load of folk would moan it should be up north and then when it is they moan anyway

mountain biking is much better.

though i quite like the tour de france. sad that folks are not welcoming the eyes of the world warching yorkshire. hope you dont moan as much when hillsborough is awarded the 2022 World Cup after qatar get stripped of it

The 12th most viewed sporting event in the world passing by our doorstep. Why bother? It's not like we've linked up with a club in France or anything.

The French aren't that fussed about it that's why there over here.

I don't think the people moaning that it's just 'blokes on bikes' realise just how much of a spectacle it is.

Fair enough if it's not your thing but don't moan about it.

Think I'm going up Bradfield. There's a full day of events on.

I don't think the people moaning that it's just 'blokes on bikes' realise just how much of a spectacle it is.

Fair enough if it's not your thing but don't moan about it.

Think I'm going up Bradfield. There's a full day of events on.

I wouldn't be arsed if they didn't bother me by shutting down all roads, there's enough bleeding parks for them to mess about in.

Guest Big Guns

I will be out putting smashed glass , nails , carpet grips and other sharp things all over the route satday night time

will it go past devonshire pub ,at top of herries road,fancy watching event but would be even better if you could do so outside of an ale house,anybody got any other suggestions where there would be pub that will be open that race goes past ,will be wearing our old yellow away shirt