has anyone been turned down by zebra finance (credit rating)

In all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with accessing credit (I should know, I'm accessing nearly seven figures of it).

But you don't get poor credit ratings without either:

• borrowing more than you can repay
  • being useless at repaying it

It's not about being rich or poor, it's about being fiscally responsible - not overstretching yourself and keeping your repayments in good order. That applies whether you're buying a kettle on HP or a mansion through a Cayman Islands trust.

Once I couldn't get a bank loan and I got turned down for a hmv card that they even give students.

Its because I was renting at the time I guess.I don't think I had a bad rating as I'd never borrowed owt before or had any debt.

The bank wouldn't lend me a grand even though I was on £350 quid a week at the time and had £1200 already in it.

Just wondered if anyone had been turned down or had problems with zebra finance due to their credit history, I cannot afford to buy a season ticket outright but as a devoted wednesday fan who payed per game last year i would like to obtain one through credit,

Cheers

I think it's a 100% acceptance rate, regardless of credit history. Perhaps they've made a mistake. 

I have a good rating, and they turned me down this time around. I questioned it and it turned out to be an admin error on their side. 

Edited by bigdan2003

You've known for a year that you would need to buy a season ticket by June why not save in advance rather than finance or dodgey credit companies

he probably couldn't afford to go to matches [POD] and save for next seasons season ticket at the same time.

That's what he's referring to when he talks of "Zebra".

FFS Smithy don't use Wonga! Use the Zebra option. I believe it's interest free credit. Wonga definitely isn't interest free.

Whilst there's no actual interest, Zebra doesn't offer a "free" service to the fans.

You have to pay a fee upfront (£24), which effectively adds 5.5% on to the cost of the cheapest adult season ticket.

But as you say - definitely cheaper than Wonga.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

You mean Wonga is not a good way to borrow money.....but there adverts seem so friendly

Get thee sen to Quick Quid

Worst. Advice. Ever..

QuickQuid sponsor the family stand at Bramall Lane... Make of that what you will

Guest Hirsts Disco Pants

Not being funny but perhaps POD is the best option for you?

Go to a game, stick the next game costs in a bank account. Repeat.

That way by next season you'll have enough for a season ticket, will have seen a few games and will not be living beyond your means.

Unless it's desperate or you are very good with fiscal planning and have worked out a credit deal that is better than cash then if you need credit for something then you obviously can't afford it.

Simple rule.

Hmm, interesting. I dare not look at my credit score after that one time when I 'forgot' to pay back that 20 grand loan. I might just get myself a season ticket now.

Guest Hirsts Disco Pants

You can't always pay cash for everything unless you want to wait 2 or 3 years for something you want now.

Nowt wrong with getting a season ticket on credit if the interest is fairly low and its cheaper than paying on the gate.

I'm not criticising I just thought id offer what (to me) would be words of wisdom, save up and attend the odd game. Or the following season what happens then?

No commitment and attend the odd game and save for next year.

VS

Just get this seasons on credit and have a commitment to pay that makes it hard to save for the following year? What happens if circumstances change and the ticket on finance can't be paid off? These things happen. Then there will be no ticket at all.

I'm just like that, which is why I own my house outright, have another house on the rental market and own my own successful business. I'm not loaded and years in service with the forces certainly helped, just hard work and sound financial budgeting.

No matter how much I may have wanted something if I couldn't afford it then I did without until I could afford it. If I needed something urgently that I couldn't afford then that's where having a healthy credit rating became useful.