Congratulations and THANKYOU Milan Mandaric

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

At various I have certainly had concerns and doubts but I have always wanted to be wrong. I love the Club, and am so relieved my fears weren't realised. I am so damn happy about this news.

Apology accepted.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'm prepared to be the big man and admit I had grave reservations about our prospects for this coming season and felt we were destined for another season of struggle.

This was largely down to the idea that I thought Mandaric wouldn't spend money, and that'd he'd struggle to find a buyer.

Well I'm prepared to admit I was wrong - well done Milan Mandaric. Superb job overall. Enjoy your retirement now with the money you earned from the wonderful job you with us.

I just think Milan came in with a reputation of a trigger finger which never ever materialised.

His only questionable decision was delaying sacking Jones, which to be honest was a huge decision to make as im sure the financial implications alone would cost the fans nothing but cost him quite a lot so its understandable.

He could've sold us to the first lunatic bidder to get a few quid back, and it sounds like there's been a few, and could easily have walked away.  He didnt though, and delivered on every other promise over 3 years, promotion/safety/mid table. 

Hes in his senior years now and to think hes found(or been found) a suitable person(s) to take us onto the next step in this Mammadov fella, of which we admittedly dont know much, I for one yet again trust his judgement.

Milan Mandaric should be given a role to be involved in the handover process, if that's not already been agreed.  I hope he remains in some capacity as he has made a massive impact since he came.

Thankyou, the pleasure has been all ours.

RT

2010- saves us from the brink of administration, and the possibility of a 10 point deduction

2011- appoints Megson and we survive L1, after a terrible first half of the season

2012- Promotion in epic style

2013- Remain in the championship, and the club continues to build infrastructure off the field

2013- Academy is awarded level 2 status 

2014- Remain in the Championship, 10 points clear of relegation

2014- Sold the club for £40m quid...when it was worth jack sh*t 4 years ago

Wednesday legend. 

Edited by bigdan2003

I  cried in the office the day we were on the court steps. In my mid thirties..... But from there to here. Thank you MM.

2010- saves us from the brink of administration, and the possibility of a 10 point deduction

2011- appoints Megson and we survive L1, after a terrible first half of the season

2012- Promotion in epic style

2013- Remain in the championship, and the club continues to build infrastructure off the field

2013- Academy is awarded level 2 status 

2014- Remain in the Championship, 10 points clear of relegation

2014- Sold the club for £40 quid...when it was worth jack sh*t 4 years ago

Wednesday legend. 

Missed an M off. You made us only 20 times the value of the blunts, when it's actually 20 million.

Edited by Sultan_Pepper

I  cried in the office the day we were on the court steps. In my mid thirties..... But from there to here. Thank you MM.

Missed an M off. You made us only 20 times the value of the blunts, when it's actually 20 million.

Shiiiiit edit edit edit

Phew...there we go

At various I have certainly had concerns and doubts but I have always wanted to be wrong. I love the Club, and am so relieved my fears weren't realised. I am so damn happy about this news.

we got there in the end mate 

Guest tha_knows

I'm prepared to be the big man and admit I had grave reservations about our prospects for this coming season and felt we were destined for another season of struggle.

This was largely down to the idea that I thought Mandaric wouldn't spend money, and that'd he'd struggle to find a buyer.

Well I'm prepared to admit I was wrong - well done Milan Mandaric. Superb job overall. Enjoy your retirement now with the money you earned from the wonderful job you with us.

Have to say after the Jonathan Hope fabrication stories I thought it would be a while before we ever got purchased by a new investor, I also thought the current Hillsborough scandal would be a major stumbling block in our quest for investment. Thankfully MM has delivered on his word, yeah I have been one of his biggest critics in regards to our very low transfer budget, and also I know I come across very fickle, but MM has gained the respect of every single SWFC supporter after this new chapter in our history. Thanks Mr Mandaric

Guest Deleted member

really ?.....how old are you ?.... gary megson

After the sh*t I got? I think that was entirely justified.

I'm not at all certain as yet that the concerns I previously expressed can be disregarded. Ok, on the face of it, this appears to be good news but none of us truly know as yet what it all means in reality. I'm sure Portsmouth fans were equally excited when MM exited to wealthy successors, or QPR fans when Mittal/Briatore got involved, Leeds when Bates sold to GFH, and perhaps even our neighbours who believed their Prince had come to take them to lofty heights. Same for countless others as for every Abramovich there are several who prove that talk is cheap.

The one thing which is clear, irrespective of differing opinions is that we all want the best for Wednesday - and as always I genuinely hope my previous concerns prove to be unfounded.

I hope this news proves to be the catalyst and foundation to truly push us on, but ultimately only time will tell.

So happy when Milan saved us.

Not been happy when I thought he could have spent more last season.

Feared we were in for another struggle next season.

Over the moon with this takeover and many thanks Milan, you kept your promise and I bow to a true gentleman.

Guest Deleted member

This wealthy successor has a track record in football. Massive difference. But thanks for the cold water