Congratulations and THANKYOU Milan Mandaric

Guest Deleted member

Thanks Milan.  Well done, enjoy some time with the family.

Nigel, you're fully justified at having a pop at the agenda merchants. 

To all the people who said we'd not be taken over because of the Hillsborough disaster.  Up yours, go and wash that egg of your faces.

I remember going away to the MK Dons match when we won 4.1. At that time we looked like going into admin and the situation was very gloomy. Shortly after  MM came in and rescued us - what a relief. Since then he has kept his word. We are better off and we have been sold in what hopefully looks like a good deal. Thanks Milan and thanks especially for that great promotion season..

Guest Deleted member

Good job i went with my gut instinct when i was Wednesdayite Chairman back in 2010 and insisted we handed over the shares to Milan . 

Congratulations to you too Charlie  :biggrin:

The Portsmouth fan I mentioned earlier has piped up...

' I imagine he got more than a tidy profit! For your sakes now it becomes interesting. We were all 'thanks Milan for everything' when he sold the club. His legacy only really became clear in time.

If you are lucky your new owner will take the hit on buying the club and Wednesday will move forwards (like Leicester did). If he's a dud you'll soon see just what was put in and taken out over the last era guys.'

' I imagine he got more than a tidy profit! For your sakes now it becomes interesting. We were all 'thanks Milan for everything' when he sold the club. His legacy only really became clear in time.

If you are lucky your new owner will take the hit on buying the club and Wednesday will move forwards (like Leicester did). If he's a dud you'll soon see just what was put in and taken out over the last era guys.'

Guest Deleted member

This is true.

Especially the last bit. Milan had quite a few surprises when he got involved too...

Guest Big Guns

Portsmouths exactly the reason why I 100% believe milans found the right buyer he won't want another Portsmouth on his hands if not for our sakes for the sake of his own rep

I'm sure he could have sold us to the wrong type much quicker

We have an opportunity to move forward and a guy who is prepared to help achieve that.

Let's support him and the team in getting some momentum going.

If it goes t1ts up then we can deal with that at the appropriate time - we have more than enough experience in venting displeasure if we believe the club is being run poorly.

We are all conditioned to disappointment and can understand caution but today should be a good day for everyone - let's give the guy a chance - he is experienced and let's see if he can repeat what he has done for another provincial northern club on the continent.

Guest Deleted member

I Never doubted it was the right thing to do and managed to persuade the rest of the board to agree even you Nige   :milan:  :mama:  lol

I was happy to accept your guidance - even though it meant giving up my dreams of taking over the club for myself

Guest Big Guns

I was happy to accept your guidance - even though it meant giving up my dreams of taking over the club for myself

Yep never mind I just hope lee s can accept defeat too

lol

We all have to make sacrifices Nige even you, No wonder Milan Pissedd himself when you asked at the first Q&A with him if he would consider selling the club back to the fans  :tango:

Guest CageFightingOwl

I'm sorry thats your perception. 

Its not about that at all. I'm engaging in discussion (and yes point scoring) with people who spent a large amount of time making my life completely miserable for a good 6-8 weeks - because of my support for Milan Mandaric.

So excuse me if I take some pleasure out of the fact that I got it right. (my missus tells me I'm never right)

Personally I'm entirely sorry that Peter and Daz are still involved with Wednesdayite (and Nev too seeing as hes still the only person to neg the original post thanking Milan). I think that while they remain the organisation will flounder and our fans deserve a good supporters group - a depoliticised supporters group.

As fans we have little to no control over how our club is run - and as has been proven today - thats probably a good thing.  

Going forward wouldn't it be nice if it was (as steveger has said) about Sheffield Wednesday - and not individuals who want to poke political oars into places where they perceive there might be something amiss (or even more disturbingly where they have been told something is amiss by people who have agendas??)

Wouldn't it?

This is about Sheffield Wednesday despite how people try to make it about themselves.

It was clear from the Op what you were getting at.

I agree about Milan, on the face of it he's done us proud, i plussed your OP like i said.

However the thread then turned into me, me, me, me, me, me posts.

This is not the time to score points, we now have a chance to re focus the fanbase into one common goal.