Congratulations and THANKYOU Milan Mandaric

Guest Deleted member

I'm not at all certain as yet that the concerns I previously expressed can be disregarded. Ok, on the face of it, this appears to be good news but none of us truly know as yet what it all means in reality. I'm sure Portsmouth fans were equally excited when MM exited to wealthy successors, or QPR fans when Mittal/Briatore got involved, Leeds when Bates sold to GFH, and perhaps even our neighbours who believed their Prince had come to take them to lofty heights. Same for countless others as for every Abramovich there are several who prove that talk is cheap.

The one thing which is clear, irrespective of differing opinions is that we all want the best for Wednesday - and as always I genuinely hope my previous concerns prove to be unfounded.

I hope this news proves to be the catalyst and foundation to truly push us on, but ultimately only time will tell.

The difference is that this isn't Mammadov's first club, and he has shown at Lens to be a good owner prepared to spend cash when necessary.

Guest Big Guns

Looks like I was right after all the Wednesdayite mob don't seem happy about this

I think grandad was right to go it alone

Who needs a gang eh

This wealthy successor has a track record in football. MASSIVE difference. But thanks for the cold water

Time will tell. As we both love the club, of course, I sincerely hope you're right. You're entitled to your view that I'm throwing cold water on it, I am perhaps a little more cautious before I get giddy, and rather feel that the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Looks like I was right after all the Wednesdayite mob don't seem happy about this

Who needs a gang eh

Stop stirring and enjoy the news.

You little tinker.

Ps - i love you too. I love everyone on here.

The difference is that this isn't Mammadov's first club, and he has shown at Lens to be a good owner prepared to spend cash when necessary.

He did indeed and it created success. But that could also be a distraction if several clubs are hungry for budget.

I hope he can have the same success with us!

Guest Deleted member

Time will tell. As we both love the club, of course, I sincerely hope you're right. You're entitled to your view that I'm throwing cold water on it, I am perhaps a little more cautious before I get giddy, and rather feel that the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Whatever happens going forward - it cannot be denied that MM delivered on his promises. Obviously more details on the takeover would be nice - will the loans secured be removed etc. 

Fact is MM has left us a lot stronger than we were when he arrived, and he has sold to someone with the funds to move us forward and has a track record of developing a club intelligently.

It wouldn't hurt you to acknowledge that 

Thank You Milan Mandaric.

He delivered, just like he said he would. He asked for trust, and personally that never left me. Fully trusted him throughout his time here and I fully trust in his decision to sell to Hafiz Mammadov.

Mr. Mandaric, you are a true Sheffield Wednesday Football Club legend.

Xbana Milan!

Guest Deleted member

Who needs a gang eh

Too true. The only person to 'neg' the 'thanks to Milan' is a Wednesdayite Director.

Sincere congratulations to Milan Mandaric on securing this takeover at our club. No one (and I mean NO ONE including some of your worst critics and doubters who know who they are) can deny that you have indeed delivered on your promises made to the supporters of this club, and I am proud that throughout your tenure I never lost faith in you delivering that.

You have done something that only one person* in our history has ever done before. You have made Sheffield Wednesday into a saleable asset. You have stabilised the club and its finances, and you have moved the team forward slowly but surely. You have invested in developing an academy that will develop players for the future of our club.

I would like to thank you for your leadership, and that of Paul Aldridge.

* obviously the other person that turned us into a saleable asset was the man who made it necessary for you to buy us. For £1. The less said about him the better.

Beat me to it , as usual Nigel.Could not have worded it better.   Honesty- integrity- all these things and more, so sadly lacking in

life today. Hope you make a few bob as well- MR MANDARIC.

Whatever happens going forward - it cannot be denied that MM delivered on his promises. Obviously more details on the takeover would be nice - will the loans secured be removed etc. 

Fact is MM has left us a lot stronger than we were when he arrived, and he has sold to someone with the funds to move us forward and has a track record of developing a club intelligently.

It wouldn't hurt you to acknowledge that 

On the face of it Nigel, it looks that way and I agree with you that we'd all like to know more details.

However, even though it looks like he has passed us onto a new owner who has done well with at least 1 other club, none of us truly know his plans, his budget, how it's going to be funded or whether it just turns out to be a lot of unfulfilled promise and a way to get 50m 'offshore' as a risk spreading exercise.

If our new owner delivers and doesn't create a meltdown seen at other clubs after they celebrated a new owner THEN I will completely acknowledge that MM has delivered in all respects - because history will prove that beyond any doubt. I hope it turns out that way!

Job well done by Milan, nobody can deny it.  Time to finally back the right horse Daz.

So what is the new owner's budget? How is he going to fund the club? What is happening to the charges on the ground to 3rd parties? Will we end up in mega debt like QPR? How will we be able to comply with FFP and sign all these players?

No-one can say for certain AT THIS TIME that he is so definitively the 'right horse'. He might well turn out to be (and I hope he does), but I'd rather celebrate after its proven rather than before (a bit like thinking the game is won after 89 minutes.....)