Congratulations and THANKYOU Milan Mandaric

Guest Deleted member

I will only be happy when the Messiah's missionaries give us the full back ground to this.

No doubt this bloke will turn out to be a money launderer/asset stripper/embezzler and crap business man too.

My Wednesdayite subscription doesn't run out until August - can't wait for the next news letter to get the full back ground on this scoundrel.

Are you being serious ?

Guest phshaw

So what is the new owner's budget? How is he going to fund the club? What is happening to the charges on the ground to 3rd parties? Will we end up in mega debt like QPR? How will we be able to comply with FFP and sign all these players?

No-one can say for certain AT THIS TIME that he is so definitively the 'right horse'. He might well turn out to be (and I hope he does), but I'd rather celebrate after its proven rather than before (a bit like thinking the game is won after 89 minutes.....)

All that would be true Darryl whoever had taken us over. I also understand your reaction especially in view of what could be perceived as point scoring. However it is absolutely brilliant news and none of us who held fears or doubts for the future wanted to be right, we were always desperate to be wrong. Of course you are correct that the proof of the pudding..........but this is still a time to lay aside any concerns and have a celebratory drink.

It offers promise and I'm happy for that. But as I've explained, too many clubs have been taken over and ended up regretting it later. I've named a number of them and the common denominator is that they were all ecstatic when the news was first announced. All I'm saying is let's see what happens before we can do somersaults and get the Bollinger out. As I also said - I hope it proves to be the case as I want the club to do well just as much as anyone on here.

after reading that post it verified why I will never join the wednesdayite organisation whilst the likes of you remain on the board it will never move forward

Guest Deleted member

All that would be true Darryl whoever had taken us over. I also understand your reaction especially in view of what could be perceived as point scoring. However it is absolutely brilliant news and none of us who held fears or doubts for the future wanted to be right, we were always desperate to be wrong. Of course you are correct that the proof of the pudding..........but this is still a time to lay aside any concerns and have a celebratory drink.

Can I just say that - if your perception is that part of my post is about point scoring - you're absolutely correct.

Guest CageFightingOwl

After the sh*t I got? I think that was entirely justified.

I plussed your OP and agreed with you but..

It was only a matter of time before this takeover became the Nigel show.

FFS, no matter what happens at the club, you insist on being centre of attention.

Unreal.

The difference today is instead of us being run by some ten bob local millionaire we have had football men at the helm during MM's reign...he's handed over to another football man...the days of cvnts like Dave Allen running our club are over and MM fulfilled his promise...lets look forward for once instead of backwards...that means you BG..get your arse down to the ground...lets show Mamma what he's missing in France

A shame there is a tinge of bitterness on such a day, when we should all be happy.

Nobody knows what the future holds for the club, but I am willing to bet it will be an exciting ride - hold on folks !!

Edited by Bob

Guest Big Guns

Yep I will be going to a lot more games this coming season that's for sure

But no matter wot happens my season ticket days are over just too many things to do on satdays

Casual for ever sorry davyboy

This guy owns 2 clubs and has interest (don't know what) in another.

FC Baku - played Champions League football in the group stages recently (IIRC)

RC Lens - Champions League contestants late 90s-early 2000s (IIRC)

Athletico Madrid - Primera League winners and champions league runners up very recently (IIRC)

My point is none of these are exactly tin pot or debt ridden - so FFS everybody please try and be happy and show a bit of optimism.

New owner seems the real deal.  And our previous owner CERTAINLY WAS.

Thank you MM

Fatbloke he's already said he's gunna take us up we're we belong

Get some ale down ya and get that beer belly filled up today's a good day

Fatbloke he's already said he's gunna take us up we're we belong

Get some ale down ya and get that beer belly filled up today's a good day

Hope youre right mate but am just a bit sick of the usual end of season dog fight ,Don,t wanna be too owd before we get back to the promised land 

Guest Deleted member

FFS, no matter what happens at the club, you insist on being centre of attention.

Unreal.

I'm sorry thats your perception. 

Its not about that at all. I'm engaging in discussion (and yes point scoring) with people who spent a large amount of time making my life completely miserable for a good 6-8 weeks - because of my support for Milan Mandaric.

So excuse me if I take some pleasure out of the fact that I got it right. (my missus tells me I'm never right)

Personally I'm entirely sorry that Peter and Daz are still involved with Wednesdayite (and Nev too seeing as hes still the only person to neg the original post thanking Milan). I think that while they remain the organisation will flounder and our fans deserve a good supporters group - a depoliticised supporters group.

As fans we have little to no control over how our club is run - and as has been proven today - thats probably a good thing.  

Going forward wouldn't it be nice if it was (as steveger has said) about Sheffield Wednesday - and not individuals who want to poke political oars into places where they perceive there might be something amiss (or even more disturbingly where they have been told something is amiss by people who have agendas??)

Wouldn't it?

Unreal.

you really do grate on my t#ts

do you moan in the mirror when you wake up?

moan moan moan moan

enjoy the moment