Sammy Yu

Guest big bernard

Sammy yu is not the man with the money (just like Geoff Sheard) both will have been asked by Milan (with Sammy Yu and whoever invited Sheard to find potential suitable investors) Sheard if the rumours are true had backers pull out on him, time will tell if the same happens with Mr Yu

Guest Distraught!

Sammy Yu is a personal friend of Milan Mandaric. As far as I am aware, it is the prerogative of the club owner to invite along to the matches any friends he wishes to. I cannot see any harm at all having Sammy Yu in the directors' box whether he comes up with the goods or not. The difference between Yu and Sheard is clear. Yu isn't going public or making any wild claims. He is merely trying to become a contact point between the club and those in the Far East that have the financial clout to be in the market for football clubs. As long as he steers clear of certain undesirable characters in the Far East, I cannot see what harm he is currently doing to the club.

Sammy Yu is a personal friend of Milan Mandaric. As far as I am aware, it is the prerogative of the club owner to invite along to the matches any friends he wishes to. I cannot see any harm at all having Sammy Yu in the directors' box whether he comes up with the goods or not. The difference between Yu and Sheard is clear. Yu isn't going public or making any wild claims. He is merely trying to become a contact point between the club and those in the Far East that have the financial clout to be in the market for football clubs. As long as he steers clear of certain undesirable characters in the Far East, I cannot see what harm he is currently doing to the club.

Yu betchya.

agree mm can do what he likes but re this friend / go between would any 'desirable' suitors be interested post googling his history?

Guest Distraught!

agree mm can do what he likes but re this friend / go between would any 'desirable' suitors be interested post googling his history?

The assumption being that Sammy Yu intends to front a consortium and not just provide support whereby links can be made with potential suitors?