Relegation dog-fight

I have to admit I'd quite like to see Barnsley go down this season.

During the summer their fans were all over this forum hijacking pretty much every thread, giving it the big one, in a way that only fans with a massive inferiority complex can.

Thankfully this season I think the turd will finally be flushed.

Wouldn't rule us out just yet, a few losses and we could get dragged back into it. Would be over the moon with a mid table finish this season.

ffs Waltham, you actually managed one post yesterday that wasnt depressing, first ive ever seen.

back to normal today i see.   CHILL MAN,  try & enjoy supporting us, right now is a good time to enjoy it, 

Wouldn't rule us out just yet, a few losses and we could get dragged back into it. Would be over the moon with a mid table finish this season.

We can start looking up and not down but I do agree that we're far from safe ourselves. 5 more wins should do it.

We've come a long way under SG.

Guest GreenGoose

A win against Middlesbrough on Saturday and I'll begin to feel extremely comfortable.

It's got an away win written all over it.

Boro not scored since 1995. Wednesday on a run. Nuhiu on fire.

Barnsley won't go down. They've more experience of Championship relegation battles at that club than Barcelona have of winning things. They'll keep fighting to the last day, maybe at the expense of a club with better players who weren't expecting to be there, like Wolves were last year.

Form isn't much of an indicator in this league. Remember last year, when the bottom half of the division all went on a run against the top half at the same time? Everyone picking up unexpected wins all over the place but couldn't clear. The bottom 3 look dire right now, but the right loan, a couple of games, and they could be right back in it.

Blackpool?

They're falling quicker than BG after a shandy.

Barnsley have a knack of winning games at home which will probably keep them in with a chance.

It would take some big swings in form and confidence to send us down. Were showing real character given injuries and the loss of key players like wickham. Our rivals will have seen this things happen and will have hoped we'd drop but we've kept perfroming

Last season was bonkers if I remember right.

Wasn't it Peterborough and Barnsley that just kept on winning?

Yep along with Hudds and us. Whoever ended up goin down ie Peterborough will have felt a bit unlucky! Teams on playoff form for months getting relegated Edited by Bluesteel

Guest Sheff Owl

Blackpool will beat Charlton on the final day..

Birmingham will probably beat Leeds..

If Doncaster lose to Reading and Leicester it could be bye bye to them.

Oh i forgot Millwall they are on the same points as Doncaster but have a -29 while Doncaster have -28, can see Millwall beating QPR also.

Blackpool will beat Charlton on the final day..

Birmingham will probably beat Leeds..

If Doncaster lose to Reading and Leicester it could be bye bye to them.

Oh i forgot Millwall they are on the same points as Doncaster but have a -29 while Doncaster have -28, can see Millwall beating QPR also.

But Doncaster Rovers are South Yorkshire's Premier and best team.  lol

There's only one space now really, I'm going for Blackpool, although I would be worried if I was a donny fan. The problem for the teams that stay up is I honestly don't see any of them progressing next season, maybe charlton with riga's new take on things but other than that they just seem mired in mediocrity.

Edited by CoDSW3

Guest Sheff Owl

But Doncaster Rovers are South Yorkshire's Premier and best team.  lol

Aye, will look forward to hearing that call from Derek, now that would be a call you couldn't afford to miss.