Relegation dog-fight

Yeovil are as good as gone imo, very much expected as well.

I hope Barnsley stay up as they always give us points but they keep letting in late goals and it will cost them if they don't shape up very soon, I hope Millwall go down because they are a horrible club, plus I'd love to see Holloway go down with them after he seem to defend those Millwall fans, Interestingly, lets see how Holloway does in the current battle he's got on his hands, bet he thought he had the Wigan job as well! :biggrin:

Charlton have issues in the way that they just can't score, their pitch is trashed and they have sold their best two players, they have however brought in some replacements from their father club Standard Leige, but I've never heard of them. I can see them somehow staying up with all their problems though but it's going to be tight.

Bolton and Blackpool have dropped like a stone and I still think they'll be in trouble.

Birmingham seem to be on the fringe then get a result that pulls them clear, can't wait to play them at Hillsboro' so Wickham can put four past them!

Finally us, all talk of making the play-offs are a laugh, one thing we can't do is get sucked back in again, it can easily be done and can't take anything for granted, I was certain at times this season under Jones we were heading back down, Yeovil and Hudd at home still haunt me. 

Under Gray it seems to have worked out, the players just have this togetherness about them, they all seem to be working harder for him and their team mates.

Edited by TaxiMark

Guest wilyfox

Said before, I think Charlton threw in the towel when they sold Stephens and Kermorgant before the deadline. They have regressed in a big way this season. I reckon Charlton and Yeovil are done for. Barnsley still have the players to fight their way out if they can bed their new lads in quick enough. Would need to happen pretty swiftly though. It's between Barnsley, Millwall & Donny for that third spot, in my opinion. Losing Sharp for three games is a huge blow for Donny. Millwall need to get Campbell and Jackson firing.

Hopefully we're well clear of Charlton by the start of March. It's possible, as they've got qpr and Leicester coming up, with Barnsley at home wedged in between.

Barnsley on the other hand will be looking at this month as a decent chance to get out of the drop zone with Donny, Millwall and obviously Charlton to play in 3 of their next 4 games.

Yeovil are in big trouble but don't write them completely out yet. Their next 3 games are Millwall, Watford and Donny, all at home.

As you can see from the coming fixtures though, Millwall and Donny will be playing a big role in who's where by the start of March. Both will be realistically hoping they can pull clear and push the bottom 3 further into the mire. This would obviously help us. But on the other hand both could get well and truly dragged back in.

All in all, it appears this month is going to be crucial for everyone. From our point of view, we just need to keep picking up points here and there. We just need to avoid a bad run similar to the ones under Jones. If we've got a 9 point or above gap at the start of March, I'd be very confident we'll be staying up.

Barnsley won't go down. They've more experience of Championship relegation battles at that club than Barcelona have of winning things. They'll keep fighting to the last day, maybe at the expense of a club with better players who weren't expecting to be there, like Wolves were last year.

Form isn't much of an indicator in this league. Remember last year, when the bottom half of the division all went on a run against the top half at the same time? Everyone picking up unexpected wins all over the place but couldn't clear. The bottom 3 look dire right now, but the right loan, a couple of games, and they could be right back in it.

Said before, I think Charlton threw in the towel when they sold Stephens and Kermorgant before the deadline. They have regressed in a big way this season. I reckon Charlton and Yeovil are done for. Barnsley still have the players to fight their way out if they can bed their new lads in quick enough. Would need to happen pretty swiftly though. It's between Barnsley, Millwall & Donny for that third spot, in my opinion. Losing Sharp for three games is a huge blow for Donny. Millwall need to get Campbell and Jackson firing.

They have brought in replacements for them though, a Polish striker and an Iranian international. 

Guest wilyfox

They have brought in replacements for them though, a Polish striker and an Iranian international.

And as we've seen with foreign recruits, it can take considerable time to settle them in. It won't help they're coming into a struggling team. I can't see how selling two of their better players can help their chances of survival.

And as we've seen with foreign recruits, it can take considerable time to settle them in. It won't help they're coming into a struggling team. I can't see how selling two of their better players can help their chances of survival.

Yeah I know.

Certainly got problems, and losing at home to Birmingham yesterday was a massive defeat for them.

Conversely, I think a couple of the teams coming up could be quite handy. Brentford have spent about 10 years assembling a team for a pop at the Championship and Wolves will go back to being a steady mid-table team.

Leyton Orient would look really out of place though lol At the start of the season, you could have told me they were playing in the Conference and I wouldn't have batted an eyelid

What?

Can't remember any time in the last 20 years when Wolves have been a steady mid-table team.  They are invariably either top or bottom.

Quite like bolton to get relegated to be honest. 

They "deserve" it after Gartside wanting to make the PL a closed shop. 

And come on ? Building a 40,000 seats modern stadium in Bolton ? Really ? Lunatics ! 

Didn't they just build the Reebok in the late 90s? That's a better stadium than the city probably needs.