Stuart Gray Pre Reading

Guest Sheff Owl

With all our injuries at CH- wonder what the odds are of the russian lad or ALF getting a hattrick? seeing as how we will probably have Llera & Reda at centrehalf !!! Could be a hattrick of penalties!!! + a sending off, or two!!! :reda:

Guest Sherlowl

I'd be tempted to give Antonio a run as a back up striker while we sort something out. I don't particularly like him there but he'd do a job if we get desperate.

His return only plugs the gap left by JJ for 3 games aswell.

Antonio's not a natural striker and too fragile to fight for the ball with big centre halves.  He needs space to run free, which is why the wing's the best place for him.

I vote Maguire up front. 

Antonio's not a natural striker and too fragile to fight for the ball with big centre halves. He needs space to run free, which is why the wing's the best place for him.

I vote Maguire up front.

Antonio for Maghoma (if Antonio comes back to anything like he's capable of) and leave Maguire where he is for me.

Maguire probably wants to be up front, but he's a irreplaceable part of the midfield at the moment imo.

I think we look better because we have more of the ball and retain possession properly.

Lee, Semedo and Maguire are doing a great job right now. I wouldn't disrupt that.

We need a striker - shuffle the pack all we want like, but we need a striker because we only have two.

We wanted two strikers, so if we have to wait for Wickham, and a simple phone call could ascertain that, then bring one in plus a centre back for a month to cover us in defence. By the time the centre back leaves it will be make your mind up time for Wickham. What we can't keep doing is bimbling along waiting for something that may or may not happen. Two players in tomorrow and available for selection on Saturday

Antonio for Maghoma (if Antonio comes back to anything like he's capable of) and leave Maguire where he is for me.

Maguire probably wants to be up front, but he's a irreplaceable part of the midfield at the moment imo.

I think we look better because we have more of the ball and retain possession properly.

Lee, Semedo and Maguire are doing a great job right now. I wouldn't disrupt that.

We need a striker - shuffle the pack all we want like, but we need a striker because we only have two.

I agree with this and I think SG will leave them where they are.

Possibly Antonio on the left with Maghoma making a nuisance of himself wherever he wants to go, with Nuhiu on his own up front.

Antonio's not a natural striker and too fragile to fight for the ball with big centre halves. He needs space to run free, which is why the wing's the best place for him.

I vote Maguire up front.

"Antonio" and "fragile" are two words I've never seen in a sentence before.

Semedo will be the emergency centre half if we are desperate. Worrying times.