The penalty

Guest Deleted member

Sure but to sit back and defend a one goal lead against that side is criminal. We invited them to attack which gives an opportunity for penalties, lucky goals and errors from defenders.

Poor tactics costs us 2 points

Been doing that for years, which is even more criminal. There is far too much money involved in football, if not directly, for people to take chances, just ask the Malaysion betting syndicates. Football is not a fair game

Millwall wasn't a penalty. He just threw himself to the floor and the lino bought it.

As for Antonio, I was at that'll end of the ground and Bywater managed to knock the ball behind with his hand, correct decision a corner. However the earlier one when Antonio was tripped was a penalty. Both the ref and Lino gave a goal kick which annoys me. They clearly admit the defender didnt get the ball by giving a goal kick! Surely it's a penalty or a corner?? Number of times I see that!

The one incident not mentioned was Redas disallowed goal. I had a clear view and Bywater just dropped the ball under pressure, a good goal.

We were robbed as per usual.

Edited by mark77

The ref didn't even consult his linesman, the linesman had to attract his attention.

The ref was right on top of it and never reacted - usually they are quick to blow and point.

Gutted about this - yes we have tactical concerns but sometimes you win the hard way.

You win by playing poor sides, good sides and win despite your shortcomings.

Cardiff beat us last year with millions of poundsworth of talent yet played the worst football I have seen all season.

Really fucked off by this.

Am I alone in not being too bothered about the tactical change?

The tactic change didnt happen at half time - it happened 5-10 mins before half time. The small dark haired forward was constantly dropping into midfield and making a three with Derry and the other CM, making it 3 vs 2 in Millwalls favour. Derry was sitting deep and acting like a quarterback in acres of space to pass it round us.

If Millwall had gone on to dominate possesion and score goals because of it then it would have been DJs fault that he didnt spot this and change it.

It worked as well, as second half they couldnt pass through or round us so resorted to hoofing it, which we coped ok with until a dodgy pen is given.

Just seen replay of antonio 'foul' by their defender on Wednesday player and certainly think that was a good shout. Looks like he missed the ball and just chopped Antonio.

The reda disallowed goal just looked like bywater stuffed it up and got the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by sharrowowl

What a load of crap. Firstly it wasn't a pen. I don't blame the change either, Milwall were pushing up and causing us problems so he took Nuhiu off (absolutely no threat in a counter attacking situation) and put pace up top with Antonio, and it worked if it wasn't for Antonio's abysmal display in front of goal we should of been out of site.

Am I alone in not being too bothered about the tactical change?

The tactic change didnt happen at half time - it happened 5-10 mins before half time. The small dark haired forward was constantly dropping into midfield and making a three with Derry and the other CM, making it 3 vs 2 in Millwalls favour. Derry was sitting deep and acting like a quarterback in acres of space to pass it round us.

If Millwall had gone on to dominate possesion and score goals because of it then it would have been DJs fault that he didnt spot this and change it.

It worked as well, as second half they couldnt pass through or round us so resorted to hoofing it, which we coped ok with until a dodgy pen is given.

Good point, although the nuhiu sub wound me up and put us under pressure.

Lavery looked ok though. I'm still gutted about yesterday, I just got an ominous feeling that we may find points hard to come by against the better teams if we are as sloppy as that defensively.

Never a pen in a million years

Attwell is an abomination of a referee we have gone in the space of a week from a Premier Ref who was excellent to a Premier Ref who gave one of the most inept displays i've ever seen.

i thought both Antonio incidents were pens.

Im amazed no one has highlighted the elbow by N'Guessen on Palmer

Attwell was 2 yards away, indicated an elbow so saw it clearly as i did and yet gave a yellow, when was a deliberate elbow to the head a yellow card offence.

I dont say that Attwell cost us the game we manage that all by ourselves but i do say he's a crap referee who shouldn't be allowed to ref in a Pub League. 

I thought it was a penalty and I was sat about 20 yards away from it, I also thought they had a good shout for a pen not long before that too.

I would have been furious if it was us and we didn't get the penalty (which I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have)

Edited by Blueblood

Guest UpTheOwlsss

If anyone watched motd cant remember which game but there was an identical challenge if not worse and nothing given.

Curtis Davies on Michael turner?

Guest james.taylor1982

Look at Helans positioning, they wasn't going anywhere he shouldn't of even put a foot in, players know going in from behind they are gonna be risking it, pointless challenge.

Edited by james.taylor1982

Well, I've had it running backwards and forwards on Sky Plus now for the last 5 mins and I still can't see a push - Helan had his hands by his side.

Thats also how I saw it from the Kop.  I think in peoples (understandable) desperation to criticise following our awful tactical change at half time - they are desperate to justify it by being unfair about the penalty.  It wasn't a penalty in anyones eyes other than the linesman - which is why the referee didnt give it either.

Ok I won't read anymore than the op but I bet £10 to a penny that someone will ave posted that it was a penalty. It's so obvious. I will apologise if that's not the case